There Is A Post About This Cake

Decorating By Briarview Updated 25 Jul 2010 , 10:43pm by cutthecake

Briarview Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briarview Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 9:09am
post #1 of 9

and I have search back until 1 May in How Do I and 50 pages in cake decorating and cannot find it. I have been asked to do this cake also and wonder what the replies were. Hope someone can help. Thanks
LL

8 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 9:26am
post #2 of 9

Rising_flour did a copy of this cake. here is a link to her pic.. I bet she was the one asking questions about it. .and I bet she still has the post link.. .or can answer your questions. thumbs_up.gif

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1551165

good luck.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 10:31am
post #3 of 9

I used the search on the purple strip above, typed chocolate panels, and near the top of the list was a "How is this done" title...clicked on it and, I think this is it: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-680975-chocolate.html+panels

Tinabarena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinabarena Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 12:43pm
post #4 of 9

Oh my goodness, I don't know, that that is a beautiful cake! Good luck!

Briarview Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 7:48pm
post #5 of 9

That's the one. Thank you all. I did try last night with modelling chocolate but need to work on getting the strips connecting in the right places to look right. Rolled out the white modelling paste and placed strips of the dark over and rolled through pasta maker. It worked. Now just to practise.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 8:30pm
post #6 of 9

Briarview,
Beautiful cake. Good luck with it.

Can you--or anyone else--please tell me (in "computers for dummies" terms) how to post a photo (not a link to a photo) directly into a forum? I just cannot figure it out, even though it has been explained to me several times.
Thanks.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 8:56pm
post #7 of 9

First, you'll have to resize your pic and save it to your computer, you can do that very easily here: http://shrinkpictures.com/
scroll down a little, choose the 600 pixels just to be safe.

Then when you post in the forums, before you click submit, click the Add an Attachment option over to the left, you'll be able to browse the photos on your own computer, and choose what you want to add.

Briarview Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 8:58pm
post #8 of 9

Click on new topic or reply and at the bottom you will see Add an attachment. Click this and then you will see File Name -- Browse and you go to where you have the photo saved in your computer and double click on the picture and this filename will appear in the Browse line. Now click submit. The problem you may have is the picture may be too big as you must have only a certain size. Make sure you have typed your message first. Hope you understand. Oops someone is faster than me.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 10:43pm
post #9 of 9

FlourPots and Briarview,
Thanks to both of you. I will try AGAIN. I have been able to attach the link to a photo, but not the actual photo.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%