Cake Boss Question

Lounge By anxietyattack Updated 31 Jul 2010 , 2:57am by anxietyattack

anxietyattack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anxietyattack Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 4:27am
post #1 of 8

I don't normally watch Cake Boss but tonight I found myself watching. Every single cake that Buddy went to deliver in this episode was on a board too big to fit through the door.

I just wondered if he ever thought to measure the doors where he's going to deliver?

It might help him a little lol.

I'm sure even the place he's got to drive to would be able to have SOMEONE measure for him!

7 replies
Babypickles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babypickles Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 8

That is too funny! I told my DH that same thing. I think Buddy needs a tape measure. I love watching that show but it makes me so nervous when they move the cakes I am just sure they are going to drop them.

anxietyattack Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:12am
post #3 of 8

lol I know what you mean! He makes some really great cakes but they all strike me as a group of people who brightest in the bunch ya know? lol.

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 8

I've never even thought of that before but it's so trueicon_smile.gif I think in almost every episode there's a cake that's "too big" and gives them a world of hurt trying to fit it through a door, into their van etc. One cake was so big they had to get the entire audience and cake purchaser to go outside in the parking lot to enjoy it (it was the one for the transvestite with the one man show who made the cake for his audience) What they won't do for ratings I guessicon_smile.gif

anxietyattack Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 3:30pm
post #5 of 8

lol, I saw that one. He was bumping the icing against the door and everything. I'm surprised the have a van that fits their cakes! The Tranny was pretty funny though. I know others have said it on CC before but it all just seemed so scripted. Fun to watch though icon_smile.gif

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 8:14pm
post #6 of 8

That, and the other unbelievable things they stage on that show is why I quit watching it a long time ago. NO one is that unprofessional all the time. It gets pretty insulting to the viewer when we're expected to believe this is what goes on all the time. There's more staged and put on stuff on that show than in a Vaudeville act...

RubiPumps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RubiPumps Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 12:27am
post #7 of 8

DC Cakes also does this but it's the door on their OWN SHOP?!? They also "almost" couldn't fit it in their vehicle. Have they NEVER delivered in their own vehicles?

anxietyattack Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 2:57am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiPumps

DC Cakes also does this but it's the door on their OWN SHOP?!? They also "almost" couldn't fit it in their vehicle. Have they NEVER delivered in their own vehicles?

Lol Rubi, I'm watching that right now and it's the episode where the two sisters do a "bake-off" and the oven caught on fire... In the fire department! Oh the irony icon_wink.gif

All of these shows are... Idk hahaha. I just watch for the ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%