Tikki Cake -- How To Fill?

Decorating By kcassano Updated 26 Jul 2010 , 11:16pm by Bskinne

kcassano Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 12:26am
post #1 of 4

so i need to make a tikki cake like this one. I understand how to acheive the shape of the cake (by cutting rounds in half and standing on end). what i dont get is....how are you supposed to fill the cakes if they are stacked this way? am i just overthinking this or what? anyone? thanks!!!

3 replies
Bskinne Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 12:41am
post #2 of 4

I think that you would be better off making a sheet cake and cutting into the shape of the Tiki God, since he doesn't stand up. Then you just fill between the layers....You would just stack and round the edges...does that make sense?

kcassano Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 4

yes it does. i guess i was just trying to avoid carving to save time. it seems like all the tiki cakes like this one are from rounds cut in half. which woudl use less cake than a sheet cake that needs carving. after thinking about it, i guess i could just do the half-round method, and just stack and fill them as normal with supports. and then just lay it down and ice it. duh. it just came to me. i WAS overthinking it. lol. thanks!! icon_smile.gif

Bskinne Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 4

Well, your cakes are all beautiful, so I'm sure it's going to turn out fabulous! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%