Star Wars Cake Flavor

Decorating By kger Updated 25 Jul 2010 , 6:58pm by PiccoloChellie

kger Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 12:23am
post #1 of 9

Let me start off by first saying that I have no clue about anything star wars related. That being said, I have a star wars cake for next weekend and have been thinking about flavors. I was just curious if there was a particular flavor or color or something that might be well-suited for a star wars cake. For example, if I were making a Twilight cake, it would be red velvet, or an ET cake would be Reeses Pieces.

Is there anything like that with Star Wars? A friend told me that black and white are heavily used to represent the forces of good and evil. I have no idea if that's accurate, but I thought if all else fails, I'll do a black and white tuxedo cake. Just wanted to check if there were people who really know the star wars movies.

8 replies
Bskinne Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 12:32am
post #2 of 9

Did they not ask for a flavor? I don't think there is any flavor or color really related to the movies...

kger Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 12:38am
post #3 of 9

It's for a friend, so she's just thrilled I'm making the cake. She doesn't care about the flavor, which is fine so I can play with WASC recipes, but I just thought I'd try to carry the theme over. Oh, and DH just gave me a lecture (via Skype) about how the stormtroopers are white, so black and white can't represent evil and good.

cakecraft Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 12:42am
post #4 of 9

I live in a house full of Star Wars fanatics....alas, I am not one! That being said, I have made a bunch of Star Wars cakes. How about just a reg WASC with blue confetti...it would look "starry" on the inside, and kids LOVE confetti cakes.

kger Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 12:59am
post #5 of 9

That's a cool idea cakecraft.

Amaranthine Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 4:51pm
post #6 of 9

I was raised on Star Wars! But I only love the original series. I'm not particularly fond of the "prequel" movies George Lucas came out with more recently.

As for a cake flavor? Dark chocolate to represent the Dark Side of the Force... like Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa. After all, M&M's candy introduced the special dark chocolate line to celebrate Star Wars.

Then I might do some kind of electric blue or lime green filling, to represent lightsabers. Or green could symbolize Yoda, the little green muppet Jedi master. icon_smile.gif

kger Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 5:09pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks, Amaranthine!

Babs1964 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 5:26pm
post #8 of 9

Hm, just a thought what about a licorise flavored cake to me that sounds like a interesting taste for a Star Wars theme. You could use Anise seed.

PiccoloChellie Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 6:58pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine

As for a cake flavor? Dark chocolate to represent the Dark Side of the Force... like Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa.

This is exactly what I was thinking! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%