How Do I Stand Buzz Lightyear On Top Of The Cake?

Decorating By bibbles6598 Updated 25 Jul 2010 , 6:03pm by bibbles6598

bibbles6598 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 10:19pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a buzz lightyear this weekend out of gumpaste and wanted to know when I get the cake done (party is 3 weeks), how will i stand him up on top of the cake? What do I need to do now to ensure he will be standing?
Thanks for any help!

4 replies
KoryAK Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 12:13am
post #2 of 5

Attach him to a plaque of sorts then attach that to the cake. Or dowels through his legs down into the cake.

MrsNancyB1 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 2:00am
post #3 of 5

You can also build him on a wire armature, and then you can stick him in that way. Or, if your model is structurally sound, without using wire, you can stand him up using a glob of melted chocolate under his feet and support him in place until the chocolate dries rock hard.

tesso Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 2:15am
post #4 of 5

I would suggest modeling him around a dowel rod. and from recent experience might I add.. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH DOWEL LENGTH TO SUPPORT THE WEIGHT OF HIM !!! or he will tumble off the cake. or rip the fondant on his way down!! I am so glad I practiced first!!

I would make him so that one of his legs, up into the chest area had the dowel rod in it. This post will explain it better..

good luck.

bibbles6598 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks to everyone!!! I'll need more help on this massive I'll be posting more quesitons later lol!

Quote by @%username% on %date%