Should I Put Copy Of Their Cake On My Blog?

Decorating By bakencake Updated 24 Jul 2010 , 6:27pm by Omicake

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 3

A neighbor sent me a link of a bakery with a picture of a babyshower cake that she wanted me to make for her. I made the cake and it looks just like the one on the link. I want to put it on my blog (so proud of it) but not sure what to do. should put it and give her credit or put her link, or should i just print the pic and set it next to my computer icon_biggrin.gif, soo proud. I want to put it up and dont mind giving her credit.

2 replies
Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 3

A lot of times people will put the inspiration for the cake next to the picture of the one they did. Or they'll include a link to it. It's probably important to make sure you give credit to the other bakery. But it's great that you did so well and fell good about the one you did. icon_smile.gif

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 3

It is a cake you made: it is your version, so I don't see any problem with putting it in your blog.
I've seen almost exact copies of Ben Israel cakes in many excellent cake decorators' websites without any credit.Surely they are pictures brought by the client and no one knows their origin.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%