Cheap--Simple--Cupcake Display???

Decorating By KJ62798 Updated 24 Jul 2010 , 4:58am by bmoser24

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 4:01am
post #1 of 5

I'm donating cupcakes to the Cupcake Camp OC next weekend. We are supposed to bring something disposable to serve/display them on.

Does anyone have any ideas for a simple, cheap display that I can leave behind?

I've thought of just doing cake circles covered in foil or paper as trays but I don't know how much space I'll get and if I should go vertical.

TIA for your help.

Kristy

4 replies
elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 4:24am
post #2 of 5

Could you use a flat box like a vegetable can flat or something and wrap with cute paper?

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1749541 Just saw this pic today. Could you adapt the design and cut it out of cardboard instead? Actually you could use your cake circles for the platforms and just cut up a cardboard box for the bracing pieces. Cover in foil or pretty paper so it looks neat. Then you would be vertical AND disposable.

bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 4:24am
post #3 of 5

I saw where someone use circles or foamboard, and upside down terra cotta pots (you can paint with acrylic paint) graduating in sizes, inbetween. cheap !
Please post what you decide. Fun

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 4:36am
post #4 of 5

I think I will check into terracotta pots for supports. I have 1 large sheet of foam core and will probably get some cake boards tomorrow. I have red wrapping paper. Maybe I can paint the pots bright yellow, hmmmm......

My cupake papers are black w/white dots and white w/black dots. I'm aiming for a sort of Mary Engelbriet color scheme of black, white, red & yellow.

K

bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 4:58am
post #5 of 5

Sounds great...and you also sound inspired, so you can't go wrong!
Can't wait to see. ~Blessings

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%