Alpine Shortening

Decorating By anasazi17 Updated 24 Jul 2010 , 4:27am by PiccoloChellie

anasazi17 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:34am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone use Alpine? I have been using it for about a year and recently I have been having some issues with my cakes. (just total weirdness). I have been trying to find the cause of the issues by some serious practice/research. And well after weeks of research & development--not to mention $$; I think have it narrowed down to 2 things. One is the shortening. I currently use Sugarshack's recipe, but I have experimented with different recipes--all using Alpine, all with the same crappy results. I am wondering if they have changed something recently?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies
jerseygirlNga Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:45am
post #2 of 4

I've tried Alpine and I didn't notice any problems...I just like the consistency of the CK brand better. I've switched to buttercreams and using Sugarshack recipe w/CK hi-ratio or Indydebi w/CK for dam and crumb coat.

BrightDelights Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:08am
post #3 of 4

I use Alpine and the Sugarshack technique, but I use 1/2 butter. It works great for me! I just bought some sweetex though and will be comparing very soon.

PiccoloChellie Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 4:27am
post #4 of 4

I just made a batch of Sugarshack BC the other day with Alpine and had no problems whatsoever. I hope they haven't made any changes - I can get the Alpine locally soooooo much cheaper than Sweetex. icon_sad.gif

What sort of problems are you having?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%