leah_s Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:32am
post #1 of 60

is called to order.

Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

59 replies
leah_s Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:33am
post #2 of 60

I had a first anniversary cake picked up earlier, and other than that, nothing this week. I've been trying to edit cake pictures. And clean the laptop's files.

JulieMN Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:41am
post #3 of 60

Nothing tonight.....scanning for new recipes to try and setting up a better way to organize my cake toys.

cakecraft Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:42am
post #4 of 60

Hey Leah- Just finishing an old age survival kit cake---for a 40 year old!!!- icon_lol.gif --wondering if I should get out the EI printer for the prepH and RubA535 labels, or try piping. Gah, I hate piping. You've had light week?

todolomio Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:43am
post #5 of 60

Shhhhh! Hear that? Nothing...that's right nothing is going on in my kitchen tonight!!! Unbelievable, I have not had a break in 12 weeks.

Enjoying my silence.

tracycakes Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:47am
post #6 of 60

Nothing at all. Heading out of town for the weekend tomorrow after a small cupcake cake pickup. First weekend out of town in about a year and I'm so excited!

IxtaMaya Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:47am
post #7 of 60

getting my materials together for a cake class im taking tomorrow! I will be making Indydebi Buttercream tomorrow morning! so excited!

cakesbyk2 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:49am
post #8 of 60

Nothing here either. Don't have a cake until August 7. Just received by silicon gem mold to try my hand at edible jewels. Can't wait to try it. I've never posted any of my cakes but maybe if this one turns out nice I will try to post it. I'm really just a hobby baker/decorator but my friends and family keep me busy. I love reading all of your posts and have learned so much!!! Thanks to all of you. Have a Blessed weekend! icon_biggrin.gif

JulieMN Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:50am
post #9 of 60

Seems a lot of quiet nights tonight. Enjoy your well-deserved rests!

cheriej Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:53am
post #10 of 60

Just admiring my purchases from the local cake supply store including my two 14" ML pans that now complete my set for a 5 tier wedding cake. Hmmm, except I can't sell cakes here. I'll have to find someone I can donate a cake to so I can bake one. And yes, I will be using SPS and I've already printed out the instructions.

Just waiting to go on vacation in August. I need a break.

tesso Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:53am
post #11 of 60

No cake this weekend. YEAH !! It is an experimental weekend. The kitchen is all mine!!! icon_twisted.gif

leah_s Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:54am
post #12 of 60

July is scary quiet. I wouldn't mind having more biz this month.

This economy officially sucks.

Classycakes Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:55am
post #13 of 60

Delivered two wedding cakes today and now working on two more for tomorrow. Also have a cupcake display for tomorrow but I'll bake them in the morning.

Almost had a catastrophe today. It's been raining here all day so I put my acryllic cover over a 4 tier cake to deliver it. My daughter was helping me load it in my vehicle when I tripped over a flower pot on my front step and down I went, cake and all. Both of us were horizontal!! Luckily the acryllic cover saved the cake from splattering all over my driveway. The only real damage was to my elbow! The tiers were smushed a bit but I was able to fix it and deliver on time. All night I've been out of sorts thinking about the near miss. This business can be nerve wracking at times and today was one of those days icon_cry.gif

leah_s Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:59am
post #14 of 60

I'm watching DC Cupcakes. Why oh why do I torture myself? They're 2 hours late to deliver, they don't have all the cupcakes with them and they're too scared to drive themselves.

Momeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

JulieMN Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:04am
post #15 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classycakes

Almost had a catastrophe today..... All night I've been out of sorts thinking about the near miss. This business can be nerve wracking at times and today was one of those days icon_cry.gif

So glad that you were able to salvage your work...hope your elbow is better soon and that tomorrow is a better day!

Wendl Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:05am
post #16 of 60

Working on some butterfly sugar cookies for a baby shower a co-worker is co-hostessing.

Oh, Leah_s - I can't stand most of the cake/cupcake related shows - they drum up the drama to get the cake muggles to watch... If they would cut out the fake drama, they could show more projects. But then there would just be us cakers tuning in. Sigh...

Okay, time to color & roll out/emboss the fondant for the 'flutterbies'!

cakeprof Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:07am
post #17 of 60

Making buttercream for class tomorrow. I swear I cannot get this consistency thing down.

leah_s Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:08am
post #18 of 60

bc should be the consistency of almost stiff whipped cream.

sechrestloans Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:10am
post #19 of 60

just hanging out, got an order for a cheesecake birthday cake for Monday, will start on it tomorrow, but for tonight... I rest , kids are in finally in bed WOO HOO thumbs_up.gif

dholdenrn Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:13am
post #20 of 60

Just finished and delivered a two tier ladybug cake with smash cake and now I am finishing up a one tier UNC cake with a bow...then baking my cakes for tomorrows three tier ladybug cake with smash cake and Sundays one tier pink and brown birthday cake...anyone want to help, lol!!!?????

Tellis12 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:13am
post #21 of 60

leah, that's an interesting way to describe bc. Never thought about it that way.

I'm working on a wedding cake for tomorrow. I'm so not happy with it. I've had struggle after struggle with the icing and its taken me forever to get mostly done. Not to mention I don't even like the way its going to look anyway. It's GRAY! I knew it was going to look really dull and not good so I sprayed it with luster dust. It looks a bit better now. All pearly. But I'm still not happy with it. I'm going to finish the details tomorrow. I can't wait to be done with this one.

Classycakes Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:14am
post #22 of 60

Thank you so much Julie. I threw the bloomin' flower pot out so hopefully that won't happen again!! (lol)

JulieMN Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:14am
post #23 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dholdenrn

Just finished and delivered a two tier ladybug cake with smash cake and now I am finishing up a one tier UNC cake with a bow...then baking my cakes for tomorrows three tier ladybug cake with smash cake and Sundays one tier pink and brown birthday cake...anyone want to help, lol!!!?????

Love ladybugs! Someday, maybe I'll have a good opportunity to make a ladybug cake!

Cake_Bliss Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:14am
post #24 of 60

I am working on a pink camouflage cake with a bow for tomorrow. Mostly done just needs the ribbon and I made the bow on Wednesday so that is done. I hate it when they say mommmmmyyyy 50 times during the show! LOL!

mindy1204 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:17am
post #25 of 60

Carrot cakes are done for my Moms birthday cake on Sunday. Tomorrow I decorate. Also made some hand dipped chocolate for my Step-fathers birthday.

smokeysmokerton Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:17am
post #26 of 60

Hey all! I've been at it all day with cake and cc's for my son's birthday tomorrow. Soooo tired but can't sleep because of the sugar high I've given myself testing 3 batches of buttercream. I'll be lucky if I can even look at cake tomorrow....

leah_s Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:21am
post #27 of 60

Hi smokey! Where are you in KY?

smokeysmokerton Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:27am
post #28 of 60

Nicholasville. How 'bout you?

pieceacake830 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:29am
post #29 of 60

Have 2 cakes for Sunday, I think I'll bake in the morning... not much initiative tonight... Its kind of nice to get a little break like this once ni a while. As long as it doesn't go on for too long! And why is it that it seems all of my cakes end up being for the same day....its like every schedules their parties for the same day, and then I have nothing on other weekends... feast or famine, right?

KJ62798 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:38am
post #30 of 60

Newbie here--nothing tonight.

Experimenting tomorrow w/a cupcake recipe in preparation for Cupcake Camp OC next weekend. Anyone have ideas for a simple/cheap display that can be left behind at the event?

Also brainstorming ideas for a baby shower for my cousin's newly adopted baby boy.

Kristy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%