Decorating By shanienee Updated 27 Jul 2010 , 1:28am by Sweet_Guys

shanienee Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 12:01am
post #1 of 4

I am terrible at making fondant. I have tried MMF many times, and it failed each time. The last time was better than the others, but still not right. Now I have a KA and am going to try it again. However, I would like to know the best fondant to purchase in a large quantity. I believe in quality over quantity. My kids like the taste of the wilton but I have others like Satin Ice are pretty good also. And if you don't mind, what website you get your fondant from if you order it instead of making it. Thanks.

3 replies
Darlene Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 1:06am
post #2 of 4 The best to roll out and great flavor! You also can roll Fondarific thinner so it goes farther. Check out their chart on how much to use. Great people too.

Mombo Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 1:29am
post #3 of 4

I too only use fondarific. When I make cakes people don't want fondant because they don't like the taste. I tell them to just try it and they ALWAYS end up ordering it! Kids and adults love all the different flavors...well worth the money.

Sweet_Guys Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 1:28am
post #4 of 4

Us, too! Fondarific has base flavors of buttercream, vanilla, and chocolate. The buttercream and vanilla can be pre-colored in the major colors so you don't have to make red, blue, black, etc.

The fruit flavors, mocha, and peppermint aren't necessarily good for covering an entire cake. Those flavors would be better for details, melting down for cupcakes or making chocolates.

Quote by @%username% on %date%