Kopykake Vs Icing Images Edible Inks??

Decorating By gourmetsharon Updated 24 Jul 2010 , 6:59am by icingimages

gourmetsharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmetsharon Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 7:20pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, I am pricing out edible inks for my new Canon printer and deciding which vendor to buy from.

There's a $13 difference in price between the two for the same (similiar?) edible ink cartridges.

Any opinions? Thanks!

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 5

Icing images are NEW spongeless cartridges which don't absorb (Waste) as much ink therefore giving you more use...I have icing images and I love them!!..You won't be sorry with Icing Images and Debbie stands behind all her product!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 5

I can only speak for my inks. Our cartridges are FOOD GRADE, spongeless and refillable. What that means is our cartridges are made for edible printing and nothing else. Some cartridges are remanufactured and some were originally inteded for non-edbile printing. We have spongeless technology, so every bit of ink that is in the cartridge gets used. Our brand is also refillable directly in the printer for ease. Finally, our colors are absolutely beautiful! My guess is KK use to sell them with out the microchips and now they added them on there and the price doesnt reflect that as of yet. Our cartridges were always sold with the microchips installed. I will be glad to answer any additional questions you may have.

gourmetsharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmetsharon Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks! I have never done edible images and dying to try it!

Debbie, I love the icing images website which is very easy to use and to see what kind of printer you have and what type of cartridge you'll need.

And it's nice you're hanging out with us to answer lots of questions. I appreciate your expertise and advice.

I was just trying to figure out what a difference in price meant and always trying to save a buck! But sometimes that bites ya in the arse!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 6:59am
post #5 of 5

Printing images is a lot of fun. You are only limited by your talents on the computer. But because it uses a computer, the sky is the limit. Whether it is a small detail or the images take the life of the cake, there is so much you can do. You can use the images on fondant, gumpaste and sugarveil. You can ripple them, tie them in a bow, drape them or make a plaque. There is just endless ideas! I really love hanging on CC. I love the people I meet and I love being able to help people, so I really should be thanking CC for the opportunities to share! What use is knowledge if you cant share it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%