What Do You Store You Wilton Icing Colors In?

Decorating By kryptonite Updated 24 Jul 2010 , 4:44am by chellescountrycakes

kryptonite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kryptonite Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 12

Any creative ideas? I'm big on organization and I don't want to have to buy another Wilton caddy. Thank you!

11 replies
hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 12

You mean the little screw-top pots? Mine are in a drawer organizer type basket/tray (sort of like these but mine are vinyl-coated wire), which is then stacked inside a larger tub of cake decorating stuff. You can use a spice rack or similar. Depends where you want to keep it -- in a drawer, mounted on the inside of a cabinet, whatever. I've been meaning to get a simple rack like this for my jars of decorating sugar and sprinkles.

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 12

Mine are stored in a clear plastic tote that is about the size of a shoe box.

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 12:28am
post #4 of 12

I have the storage boxes from Ikea. They are plastic, with a flip up lid, and they have little plastic dividers that separate the box into like 8 "compartments". They are the perfect height for the screw top pastes. Now I'm organized by colors. At least something's organized! icon_smile.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 12:33am
post #5 of 12

Clear plastic box, a little shorter than a shoe box. That way if one craps all over, it just craps over the rest of them and not in a drawer or somewhere much more difficult to clean.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 12:37am
post #6 of 12

My bottles of color are in a rectangle tupperware container with a lid (about the size of a loaf of bread). I actually can do them two layers deep by using those little plastic baskets from the dollar store.

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:41am
post #7 of 12

Mine are in those colorful plastic storage things fromwalmart pink and green, and 4.00 each-

I started with the shoe box, and now am at the bigger size. about 3 inches tall.

saapena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saapena Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:51am
post #8 of 12

I keep my colors in a plastic shoe-size tote. I keep a piece of non-stick liner underneath them. The tote, in turn, is then put on the top of my cake supply drawers.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 4:08am
post #9 of 12

I use a tool box from the hardware store...I have two...one with two compartments and I found a great one with 4 plastic pull out draws and a large open area on top....all closes up tight and neat... I use the larger one for all my fondant tools and cutters and the other is for my tips, tools and colors.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 4:28am
post #10 of 12

Don't laugh...but mine are in an egg carton. The large 2 1/2 dozen cardboard cartons like you get at Wal-Mart. The little bottles fit in the little slots perfectly and the carton fits in my kitchen drawer. Each one hold 30 bottles.

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 4:30am
post #11 of 12

Mine are in a little clear plastic container I got at walmart. It's about the length and width of a shoebox but shorter. It holds them in one single layer so I'm not always digging for the color I need. And if a jar leaks or something, you just empty it out and stick in the dishwasher. My bigger Americolor bottles are on a large spice rack on the wall, single file so I'm not always moving bottles to get at the one I need. I'm big on organizing for maximum efficiency.

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 4:44am
post #12 of 12

ohhhh I think I might use the egg carton thing IN my plastic thing icon_smile.gif thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%