What Do You Store You Wilton Icing Colors In?

Decorating By kryptonite Updated 24 Jul 2010 , 4:44am by chellescountrycakes

kryptonite Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 12

Any creative ideas? I'm big on organization and I don't want to have to buy another Wilton caddy. Thank you!

11 replies
hollyml Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 12

You mean the little screw-top pots? Mine are in a drawer organizer type basket/tray (sort of like these but mine are vinyl-coated wire), which is then stacked inside a larger tub of cake decorating stuff. You can use a spice rack or similar. Depends where you want to keep it -- in a drawer, mounted on the inside of a cabinet, whatever. I've been meaning to get a simple rack like this for my jars of decorating sugar and sprinkles.

LisaMarie86 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 12

Mine are stored in a clear plastic tote that is about the size of a shoe box.

KristyCakes Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 12:28am
post #4 of 12

I have the storage boxes from Ikea. They are plastic, with a flip up lid, and they have little plastic dividers that separate the box into like 8 "compartments". They are the perfect height for the screw top pastes. Now I'm organized by colors. At least something's organized! icon_smile.gif

cheatize Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 12:33am
post #5 of 12

Clear plastic box, a little shorter than a shoe box. That way if one craps all over, it just craps over the rest of them and not in a drawer or somewhere much more difficult to clean.

indydebi Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 12:37am
post #6 of 12

My bottles of color are in a rectangle tupperware container with a lid (about the size of a loaf of bread). I actually can do them two layers deep by using those little plastic baskets from the dollar store.

chellescountrycakes Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:41am
post #7 of 12

Mine are in those colorful plastic storage things fromwalmart pink and green, and 4.00 each-

I started with the shoe box, and now am at the bigger size. about 3 inches tall.

saapena Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 3:51am
post #8 of 12

I keep my colors in a plastic shoe-size tote. I keep a piece of non-stick liner underneath them. The tote, in turn, is then put on the top of my cake supply drawers.

terrylee Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 4:08am
post #9 of 12

I use a tool box from the hardware store...I have two...one with two compartments and I found a great one with 4 plastic pull out draws and a large open area on top....all closes up tight and neat... I use the larger one for all my fondant tools and cutters and the other is for my tips, tools and colors.

mamawrobin Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 4:28am
post #10 of 12

Don't laugh...but mine are in an egg carton. The large 2 1/2 dozen cardboard cartons like you get at Wal-Mart. The little bottles fit in the little slots perfectly and the carton fits in my kitchen drawer. Each one hold 30 bottles.

elvisb Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 4:30am
post #11 of 12

Mine are in a little clear plastic container I got at walmart. It's about the length and width of a shoebox but shorter. It holds them in one single layer so I'm not always digging for the color I need. And if a jar leaks or something, you just empty it out and stick in the dishwasher. My bigger Americolor bottles are on a large spice rack on the wall, single file so I'm not always moving bottles to get at the one I need. I'm big on organizing for maximum efficiency.

chellescountrycakes Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 4:44am
post #12 of 12

ohhhh I think I might use the egg carton thing IN my plastic thing icon_smile.gif thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%