This Ankle Band Keeps Cracking! Help!

Decorating By Bubbl3h3ad Updated 23 Jul 2010 , 7:24pm by Cakechick123

Bubbl3h3ad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 5

I have done this shoe cake and the last part of the shoe is the ankle band. I have made it about 4 times and let it dry and then it ends up cracking either before I get it on the shoe or after it on the shoe. I started way ahead of time, using gumpaste. This cake is due tomorrow morning, what can I do to get the ankle band. I've thought about melted chocolate discs but I don't know. Any ideas or tips would be great ~ and fast please!! I have attached a pic of it.
Thanks!
LL

4 replies
Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 5

Maybe if push comes to shove (since you don't have time to let gumpaste dry), you could just attach a small round made of ribbon with RI?

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 5

Could you attach it directly to the shoe and use paper towels to hold it in place until it dries. Then remove the towels and it should be good. Also maybe have it so that it's resting on the inside of the shoes so you're not fighting gravity so much. Good luck.

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 5

Beautiful cake! icon_smile.gif

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 5

try mix some fondant with your gumpaste and do the strap directly onto the shoe. support with a piece of sponge. It should dry before tomorrow.

and like someone else said maybe have it resting on the shoe. Gravity can be ur worst enemy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%