So Glad New Cake Show Gives Prices

Lounge By ddaigle Updated 23 Jul 2010 , 4:44pm by indydebi

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 1:43pm
post #1 of 8

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but I finally watched the new cake show Fabulous Cakes that I had tvo'd. I am so glad that they told the viewer the cost. Wish all the cake shows did!

That one cake that cost $15,000....did you see how the guy was holding that wedge he cut? It looked like he was eating a piece of deep dish pizza!

7 replies
juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 8

I saw this show for the first time a few days ago and, like you, I was THRILLED they told the prices. Maybe people will start getting SOME idea of what cake REALLY costs.

Kibosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kibosh Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 8

As soon as they mentioned the price of the cake, I was like "FINALLY". Now people will actually get a clue. Hopefully this show will become a hit and enough people will become more aware of prices. They always see the final product on Cake Boss or Ace of Cakes without any idea of price.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 8

What network is that on? Would love to see it!

AuntAndrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntAndrea Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 8

It's on TLC -- looks like it's on Monday nights. The next new one is on July 26th at 10pm.

From what I can find online, this may be a short-term show -- I think there are only four episodes planned. icon_sad.gif I hope they expand it -- so far I really like it. I, too, loudly yelled "FINALLY" when they announced the price of the cakes... I hope it helps people begin to understand what really goes into making our edible masterpieces!! icon_biggrin.gif

...Andrea

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 4:25pm
post #6 of 8

Here it's on right after Cake Boss.

I also watched another "new" one last week...did not like it though. The lady had 3 wild triplets that her stay at home husband "took care of". Forget the name of that one.

sweet-thing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet-thing Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 4:42pm
post #7 of 8

I read in People magazine that some of Buddy's "specialty" cakes can run up to $40,000! Can you freakin' imagine!! icon_surprised.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 4:44pm
post #8 of 8

And that Sylvia Weinstock was "queen of the $10,000 cakes".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%