Help Please!!!

Decorating By yummycakesnmore Updated 23 Jul 2010 , 4:43pm by mamawrobin

yummycakesnmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummycakesnmore Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 7:14am
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone
I'm a bit confused, I need to know whether you all put your cakes covered in fondant in the refrigerator right away, I hear its bad because it creates air bubbles and creates a melty look, which I don't want...
Any advice on what I should do, should I just let it sit in a box in my counter till the event on Saturday or put it in the refrigerator tomorrow once I finish it...

Help please...

3 replies
thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 7:34am
post #2 of 4

I know that every CCer on here has an opion on should I put fondant in the frig or not. I personally don't do it. If you are decorating Friday, I don't see why you can't leave it on the counter in a box. My opion anyway.
I would leave the box lid open thou, I did read something about that here on CC, but can't for the life of me remember when or what they said about it.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 8:04am
post #3 of 4

Most cakes covered in fondant can be left out. If you have a filling that is perishable you need to refrigerate it. If you refrigerate fondant you run the risk of it getting sticky after it comes out and warms up. If you must refrigerate it, box your cake, wrap the entire box in cling wrap or a garbage bag...something to keep the air out. When it's time to take out of the fridge, keep it in the box and let it gradually come to room temp. There is less condensation this way. If you get a bubble, pop it with a pin...let it come together by itself and don't try to smooth it right away. If your decor is made of fondant, and you know you have to refrigerate your cake, it's best to decorate the day of delivery if possible. HTH

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 4

I NEVER refrigerate a cake. I don't use perishable fillings so that I don't have to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%