Help Regarding An Unhappy Bride, Two Months Later...(Long)

Business By cr8zchpr Updated 28 Jul 2010 , 9:32pm by MrsAB

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 6:56pm
post #91 of 99

hope it all turns out well.

CrumblesConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrumblesConfections Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 7:13pm
post #92 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8zchpr

First I would like to thank everyone for your input I really do appreciate it...

So here is what happened...

I called her before I read the remarks telling me to email her, thankfully she didn't answer. I then proceeded to write the email and basically said this, in the most polite demeanor as possible although I was having a cocktail of mixed feelings inside. I told her,

"I am sorry for how you feel and I can sympathize if the burden of planning a wedding has been overwhelming to you. Perhaps your wedding wasn't to your expectation, or perhaps you may be feeling some angst of buyers remorse. However given the fact that I have a signed delivery receipt along with pictures of the delivered product, a contract that clearly states my liability ends upon delivery and a rave review from you I have but one conclusion, that I may be the target of your perils and as I have never come across this situation I have forwarded all our correspondence and paperwork from the transaction to my attorney for council. If you have any further complaints or issues you may contact him directly..."

I enclosed his contact information and sent it on its way. Needless to say I have not heard anything back yet... let's hope it stays this way.

Still sad at the situation but... on to the next cake, RIGHT!!!!

B

Good for you. Way to go. I understand your frustration because your name is involved, but this is just one person who clearly had other issues. Your cakes, including this one, look fabulous. Keep doing what you do and don't let that incident discourage you.

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 7:17pm
post #93 of 99

i don't know what is wrong with these crazy brides these days. but they need to just quit it. that cake is fabulous and you got rave reviews on your site. She is just looking for money. and i would not take the verbal abuse either! They know how to play the game and often get the refund too.! if you were in the court of law, the judge who sees this cake will rule in your favor. big hug!

rainyone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainyone Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 9:41pm
post #94 of 99

I made a wedding cake for a friend this weekend.... One of kids at the wedding basically was poking at the cake ( fondant ) then said loudly " ohhhh , it's cake" not sure what he thought it was - I was across the room just watching with my mouth hanging open at that point... the rest of the wedding my eyes kept getting drawn to the finger dents on the side of the cake ....I wouldn't be surprised if someone had poked around at it.

Now the cake I did this weekend was for a casual fun wedding.,... that certainly didn't ruin the wedding for this bride ( in fact she had me cut a slice of the cake off the back for her son who ended up having to leave early - They weren't ready to do the cake cutting I was happy to do that lol )

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 11:31pm
post #95 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8zchpr

"I am sorry for how you feel and I can sympathize if the burden of planning a wedding has been overwhelming to you. Perhaps your wedding wasn't to your expectation, or perhaps you may be feeling some angst of buyers remorse. However given the fact that I have a signed delivery receipt along with pictures of the delivered product, a contract that clearly states my liability ends upon delivery and a rave review from you I have but one conclusion, that I may be the target of your perils and as I have never come across this situation I have forwarded all our correspondence and paperwork from the transaction to my attorney for council. If you have any further complaints or issues you may contact him directly..."

Great response.

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 1:44am
post #96 of 99

NO NO NO NO NO...I'm sorry but she gets nothing back! I will be honest....I usually don't care for cherry blossom cakes...until I saw yours that is! IT IS BEAUTIFUL! She has serious issues!

Bonnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnell Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 2:28am
post #97 of 99

I'm going to chime in here because I am only 1-1/2 weeks post wedding for my DD. I wish the cake at her wedding had been as beautiful as yours. Hers was "pretty" enough but nothing special (and it certainly wasn't cheap). Our problem was useless wedding planners that acted like they didn't have a clue throughout the rehearsal and the wedding. You can bet my DD didn't wait 2 months to complain. She and her DH fired off an extensive e-mail to the owner of the company at 9:30 AM the morning after their wedding to let her know how unhappy they were with the services her company rendered.

Bottom line: Cake = beautiful Bride = crazy

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 9:04pm
post #98 of 99

lol i was actually expecting to see a crappy cake and it couldnt be further from reality - its definitly the nicest cherry blossom cake ive seen, much more delicate than the big brown slug like branches sometimes that get used.

that bride is obviously mental - she signs for the cake, posts a rave review and THEN decides she didnt like it after all??

do not let this cost you another thought, im sure you scared the bejaysus out of her mentioning attorneys!

definitly a case of "wedding over - remind me again why this all cost me the price of a house deposit????"

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 9:32pm
post #99 of 99

Awesome response Cr8zchpr! Prayerfully you will not be hearing from her again. And just like everyone else...your cake is absolutely beautiful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%