I Am Experimenting Again..run For Your Lives !! Or Help?

Baking By tesso Updated 26 Aug 2010 , 3:36am by Cookie4

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 3:45am
post #1 of 12

Okay last time it was Jello MMF.. this time I am experimenting with CARAMEL MMF !! Yup, I wanted to surprise my mom, her b-day is in september, with a chocolate fudge, caramel filling, chocolate BC with caramel fondant cake. YUM.

So I am experimenting now. I have the equivalent of three days off and I am hoping to achieve this caramel fondant creation this weekend. icon_biggrin.gif

Any hints or suggestions will probably be experimented on !! icon_biggrin.gificon_twisted.gificon_biggrin.gif

11 replies
BrightDelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrightDelights Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 3:55am
post #2 of 12

I would think that you could just add caramel syrup to the stage of the melted marshmallows. I think it would be like adding corn syrup. Either that or add some LoRann Carmel?

Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 4:20am
post #3 of 12

Absolutly NO IDEA..... but I loved your post title..... Everyone usually gets out of my way when I yell.... "IT FEELS LIKE A TEST KITCHEN DAY!!!!!" *LOL*

Let us know how it turns out.... it sounds yuuuuuummy!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 5:47am
post #4 of 12

What about adding a cup of the Caramel pieces to the melted marshmallows? I noticed that Kraft has the caramel pieces in bags like the chocolate chips only caramel chips. It's an idea. You may have to add more liquid using the caramel..don't know..but it's an idea.

I make Michele Foster's fondant and I may try doing that myself sometime. When making the white chocolate version of her recipe you just add 1 cup of white chocolate I think I will try adding caramel next time and see what happens....Thanks for the idea. It sounds yummy thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 5:52am
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

What about adding a cup of the Caramel pieces to the melted marshmallows? I noticed that Kraft has the caramel pieces in bags like the chocolate chips only caramel chips. It's an idea. You may have to add more liquid using the caramel..don't know..but it's an idea.

I make Michele Foster's fondant and I may try doing that myself sometime. When making the white chocolate version of her recipe you just add 1 cup of white chocolate I think I will try adding caramel next time and see what happens....Thanks for the idea. It sounds yummy thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I wonder what would happen if I added white chocolate to satin ice.... hmmmmmmm.......

tesso Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 10:57am
post #6 of 12

thanks for the ideas. I am going to stop at the store today and get...

caramel icecream topping
caramel chips
I already have brachs carmamels waiting

no place around here to get lorann.. icon_sad.gif

Thanks again, and i'll let you know how it comes out !!

mamawrobin Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:10pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

thanks for the ideas. I am going to stop at the store today and get...

caramel icecream topping
caramel chips
I already have brachs carmamels waiting

no place around here to get lorann.. icon_sad.gif

Thanks again, and i'll let you know how it comes out !!

Please do...because I'm seriously wanting to try the caramel in place of chocolate in MFF. I'm thinking it would work...but hey, I've been wrong before. icon_lol.gif

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:23pm
post #8 of 12

OK - here's the solution for you! Kraft makes caramel flavored marshmallows. They are white with streaks of caramel colored/flavored marshmallows running through them and they are delicious. I made MMF using them and it was very good, however I would give them another kick of caramel flavoring to enhance the flavor even more. I love the subtle caramel color you get with these marshmallows too.

I found these marshmallows at WalMart, HEB and even the 99 cent store.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:35pm
post #9 of 12

Mamawrobin: do you have to add extra liquid to MFF when you add the white chocolate chips?

mamawrobin Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 3:29pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTFundraiser

Mamawrobin: do you have to add extra liquid to MFF when you add the white chocolate chips?

No...you just add the chocolate (Baker's white chocolate squares are MUCH better than the white premier chips) to the syrup/gelatin mixture before heating. thumbs_up.gif

Cookie4...what an awesome find on the caramel marshmallows! Thanks for sharing that info. I gotta look for some of those today. thumbs_up.gif

tesso Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 8:15pm
post #11 of 12

our walmart sucks!! they never heard of the caramel marshmallows. THey also didnt have the caramel chips, they only carry the caramel chips at christmas/thanksgiving !!! icon_mad.gif

So i have my caramels, and the ice cream topper.. let the fun begin !! icon_biggrin.gif

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:36am
post #12 of 12

Tesso: Maybe you already know this (maybe I even know it too but don't actually remember it). But recently while at Target found some Strawberry flavored marshmallows (a pretty pink color too), and some white/brown Chocolate Marshmallows. Then I remembered this post and thought of you. Are you still in your TEST KITCHEN??????? ha, ha!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%