I Finally Found Some Storage I Can Live With!

Decorating By ptanyer Updated 23 Jul 2010 , 2:46pm by Echooo3

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:58am
post #1 of 11

I am a home based hobby baker and all the tools I use were taking over my house icon_smile.gif Well after quite some amount of research, I finally found a solution that works for me and is NSF rated to boot! I found a chrome steel industrial shelving unit at Sam's Club that is awesome.

"Chrome steel industrial shelving features six adjustable, triple-truss wire shelves for convenient storage. The shelving unit measures 72H x 48"W x 18"D and features 3" commercial castor wheels with two wheels that lock for safety. Height adjustable, stationary feet are included, allowing shelving to hold up to 600 lbs. per unit. This unit also includes six plastic shelf inlays for more versatility, grey in color, and is NSF rated for food safety." And only $78.82. A similar unit at Lowe's Hardware was $79 plus the cost of wheels and not to mention the shelf inlays. I saved almost $50 and got a bigger and stronger unit with commercial weight wheels.

Let me tell you this unit holds a ton of stuff and I am more organized now than I have been since I started decorating. Instead of wandering around the house to gather up all my tools that were stored here and there, I now have most of in just one room icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Here are photos of the unit before I put my stuff on it and after. I am so organized and soooo happy icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Just had to share!
LL
LL

10 replies
step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 3:06am
post #2 of 11

SWEET! I ahve been thinking of some storage like this but my place is too small for one like that. Glad you are feeling more organized icon_wink.gif

Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 3:18am
post #3 of 11

Oh, I love it!!! Makes me want to go organize my stuff!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 3:51am
post #4 of 11

now that is sweet!!! if I buy the shelf..will you come organize it all for me??? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

BrightDelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrightDelights Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 4:00am
post #5 of 11

That is awesome! Added to my need list icon_smile.gif

karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 4:25am
post #6 of 11

Oh, I'm so happy for you!

I was at Costco this weekend and saw a similar metal shelving unit but it had bins in it that ranged from small to really large. I'm still thinking how wonderful it would be for cake stuff. A bin for everything and everything in a bin--and all bins on the rack! But I can't think where I'd put such a big unit. *sigh* So I'm sticking with my un-system of having stuff stuck in random nooks and crannies in the back and top of my kitchen cabinets!

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 8:12am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

now that is sweet!!! if I buy the shelf..will you come organize it all for me??? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Absolutely icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I really enjoy organizing things - to me it's very relaxing icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif My house isn't very big at all, but after buying this shelf unit, I keep looking around the house to see where I could use another one icon_wink.gif

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 10:15am
post #8 of 11

That's a great shelving unit. Now, where in the world would I put it?????? My office (where I work M-F) is already taken over more than half w/ all my paper crafting supplies. I have NO place for cake stuf.... icon_cry.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:17pm
post #9 of 11

I have three of those, another cheaper version and want yet another one! icon_smile.gif Love them!

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:32pm
post #10 of 11

That's awsome! I'm so with you on the organization thing. I'm a hobby baker too and I've accumulated so much cake stuff lately that I'm having a hard time keeping it organized and contained. I feel like I would be so much more productive and efficient if I had proper storage space so I can be more organized.

We are in the process of building a nice big sunroom right off of our kitchen. It will be as big as our kitchen and dining room combined! We're going to put lots of cabinets/cupboards and a pantry in there for storage. My DH even said he'd put a sink in for me icon_biggrin.gif So I've decided I'm going to put all my stuff in this room and make a nice spot just for storing my stuff and building cakes!

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:46pm
post #11 of 11

That's what we use at our commercial kitchen (they are on wheels). Everyone that bakes at the kitchen is allowed two of those. When it's your day to work there you just roll your cart into the kitchen area from the storage area and when you're done you roll it back into the storage area.

It works GREAT!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%