Wedding Cake Abroad

Decorating By bengals Updated 26 Jul 2010 , 4:19pm by bengals

bengals Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 4

Hi guys,

I am due to travel to florida in november for my sisters wedding in disney(if any of you guys remember my last post about her cake for her hen night which was trashed by the hotel after i flew with it from Dublin to Glasgow icon_cry.gif then the wedding was cancelled in april because of the volcanic ash so after many tears and heartbreak and a lot of lost money we're all set to go again in nov icon_rolleyes.gif ) she would like me to do her cake however i'm sure you'll agree that flying with cake is not going to happen icon_lol.gif so i was wondering if any one in or around that area could advise me on where i could buy a plain two tier fondant iced cake which i could decorate at the villa when i get there?

I'm happy to pack a few essentials and finish the cake for her and i was planning on visiting D&G cake supply store if there are any others i should consider i would appreciate any advice on this.

A few friends have said i'm mad to be doing this and should just get a cake over there but she is my only sister and it would mean a lot to both of us if i could do this for her.

I'm open to any thoughts or ideas from people who understand

3 replies
minicuppie Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:05pm
post #2 of 4

Americans are generous people.
I am almost 100% sure if you approach a bakery and present your case (and promise not to tell who baked it) your request will be granted.
Have you approached the Disney bakery in the hotel ya'll will be staying at?
Money is tight and their attendance is down.

nana_marta Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 4

I also would contact Disney and see what they can do for you. Probably they can help you right there on site. Keep us posted!

bengals Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your replies, we're staying in a villa outside Disney and they are providing a small cake for the ceremony but my sister would like to have something on display at the meal which we are having in the celebration hotel so she can have pics taken cutting the cake etc

Will keep you posted when I get a soloution to this problem

thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%