Piping Basket W Pastry Pride

Decorating By niragub Updated 23 Jul 2010 , 4:40am by ninatat

niragub Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 6

I want to make an oval crib cake for my sisters baby shower. I would like to make the basket weave w/ pastry pride since it will be a 3 leches cake. Would the pastry pride hold up in the basket shape? Could I add anything to make it hold the shape? Hope I made sense. icon_biggrin.gif TIA

5 replies
sweettreat101 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 6

It will work just fine. If you go to my photos the purple mother's day basket cake with the chocolate strawberries is frosted in Pastry Pride. I have used it for my oval bassinet cakes and have never had any problems. Just make sure that you don't over beat your frosting. Every time you squeeze your decorating bag it makes the frosting set up making it harder to decorate with.

ninatat Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 10:37pm
post #3 of 6

hi sweet your basket weave is beautiful, what tip do you use, i've done two not to sell, and i also have seen one where they use a plain tip using the verticle line, i try to stay really straight, and it looks good but when i take a picture it's kind of crooked, do you do any markings, i love the look. thanks

sweettreat101 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 1:17am
post #4 of 6

I frost the cake with a light layer of frosting. Then I take my small Wilton flower former, looks like a 12 inch half curved plastic and gently press into the side of the frosting. Place the next mark directly in the last line you created and keep going around the side of the cake until everything is marked. This is what I use for a guide. I use tip number 48 for my basket weave. It's a little larger than the one recommended by Wilton which is a 47.

sweettreat101 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 1:27am
post #5 of 6

Sorry I meant the middle size flower former. You get three sizes with the set. The large one is to big but I have used the small one when I couldn't find the middle size they both work. Just depends on how close you want your basket weave.

ninatat Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 4:40am
post #6 of 6

ok thanks so much, i think i like the little bigger weave to thanks again oh wait do you mean the 2in plastic flower former, is that the one that has 2 parts you put togeather to push the foil down? or is it something else. no i really don't get it lol, are you using it for the verticle lines. oh i think i'm having another senior moment.

Quote by @%username% on %date%