Ganache Over Buttercream?

Decorating By stlcakelady Updated 6 Mar 2015 , 8:10am by Chloezee

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 4:27pm
post #31 of 36

Cenell,

See the link that Karen posted, earlier in this thread. Answers all those questions.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 5:56pm
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenell

I've always used just ganache/fondant or buttercream/fondant until I got the request to use buttercream/ganache (spreadable NOT poured) and fondant.
Actually the buttercream/ganache/fondant was good....I only do it as a special request but it did taste good thumbs_up.gif[/quote]

The ganache spreadable, is the recipe above mentioned? Sorry to bother you icon_redface.gif . I'm still learning LOL[/quote]

Yes...the one that I posted is the 'spreadable' ganache thumbs_up.gif

Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:55pm
post #33 of 36

[/quote]

Yes...the one that I posted is the 'spreadable' ganache thumbs_up.gif[/quote]

Thank you very much!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

CrumblesConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrumblesConfections Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:55pm
post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

We're talking about two different things here--poured ganache and spreadable ganache.
I don't see how you could (or why you would want to) use poured ganache under fondant.
Spreadable ganache is great under fondant because it dries firm and allows for crisp corners and sharp edges.
Take a look at Rylan's award-winning cake (he uses ganache under fondant) in this thread:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6896586.html#6896586

Yeah! I was getting confused here. I was wondering how could poured ganache work under fondant. I've been wanting to try the spreadable ganache method so thanks for clearing this up. Whew! Could've made a huge mistake!

hteardrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hteardrop Posted 10 May 2014 , 9:29pm
post #35 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamawrobin 

I iced my nephew's cake with buttercream then covered with ganache. This is what he ask for. I didn't cover with fondant though. I don't see why you couldn't. That's going to be one rich cake thumbs_up.gif

was that a crusting buttercream? do you think it would work with any kind of buttercream?:detective:

Chloezee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chloezee Posted 6 Mar 2015 , 8:10am
post #36 of 36

I reckon fondant is pulled off by 80% of guests or eaters of that cake but Fondant is wonderful tool to keep your cake beautiful and fresh - it's just prettier and more elegant - I make a tasty fonant with a note: "have a tiny taste and if you still don't like it, feel free to pull it off". Fondant has GOT to stay otherwise we'll soon start seeing ppl getting sick from cake which has been worked on for too long and that vodka spritz everywhere is also a germ killer. I think it's a safety measure above all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%