Cherry Chip From Wasc?

Baking By emrldsky Updated 22 Jul 2010 , 4:26pm by sandykay

emrldsky Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 8

I love the texture of the WASC cake, but my coworker has requested a Cherry Chip cake. I could take the easy way out, but that's just not me. icon_wink.gif

Anyway, would it be possible to turn the WASC cake into a Cherry Chip cake by halving the flavoring, sticking with vanilla, adding chopped Maraschino cherries, and possibly exchanging some of the water for the cherry juice from the jar?

Any advice would be great. Thanks!!!

7 replies
cakecraft Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 8

Well, I'd try it! I just did a going away cake for a friend who loves cherry chip, so I used the boxed cherry chip cake mix for my WASC. Not to my taste, but she loved it.

emrldsky Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecraft

Well, I'd try it! I just did a going away cake for a friend who loves cherry chip, so I used the boxed cherry chip cake mix for my WASC. Not to my taste, but she loved it.

I'm so ditzy! I didn't even think about doing that. lol I think that might be the easier way to do it. icon_biggrin.gif

tannersmom Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:47pm
post #4 of 8

Ok, call me crazy but what is Cherry Chip cake mix? Where do you buy it and who is the maker? Sounds yummy!

emrldsky Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannersmom

Ok, call me crazy but what is Cherry Chip cake mix? Where do you buy it and who is the maker? Sounds yummy!

I think Betty Crocker makes it. I've never had it but my coworker loves it.

kansaslaura Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:56pm
post #6 of 8

MacsMom has put together an awesome list of cake flavors and their recipes. Here is the link--there is a Cherry Cake on the list that includes chips.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

emrldsky Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 3:07pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

MacsMom has put together an awesome list of cake flavors and their recipes. Here is the link--there is a Cherry Cake on the list that includes chips.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

Oooh....not sure I'll be able to get them in time. I wonder if my local kitchen craft store has them.

sandykay Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 4:26pm
post #8 of 8

Here is what Macmom has, maybe you could just add chocolate chips:

Cherry Cake - MacsMom
2 white cake mixes
2 c flour
2 c sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons salt

1 pkg vanilla pudding mix

2 c sour cream

1 1/3 c liquid vanilla coffee creamer

1 1/3 c water (or maraschino cherry juice)

8 egg whites

1/4 c oil
1 dram LoRann cherry
2 t butter flavoring
1/2 t lemon extract
2 or 3 large drops Americolor super red
1 c mini cherry chips (I get mine online)

* For Chocolate Covered Cherry, add mini-chocolate chips

*Fill with Cherry Chocolate Chip Ricotta Filling

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%