Need Some Ideas From You Creative Ladies :)

Decorating By yamber82 Updated 22 Jul 2010 , 10:10pm by cakes47

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 5

lo's bday party is this saturday. i was going to do a 3d disney car but don't have time. i have a big square caked baked in the freezer. i'm looking for something quick and easy. no fondant this time. i am thinking of doing something similiar to this...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002LJT5JK/?tag=cakecentral-20

but without the kit. i have the cars candle and bought the little matchbox helicopter and tow mater. so for the background part behind the car what can i do?

4 replies
hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 7:38pm
post #2 of 5

I think it may actually be simpler to cut up your square and make a car-shaped cake! icon_smile.gif You just need a tall rectangle for the main body of the car, and a smaller, thinner square on top for the windows and roof.

But anyway, for the raceway type design, can you cut the cake so that the lower part of the "stands" is cake? Then you just need the angled bit on top. I'd probably make that out of candy melts -- pour out white melts on a flat surface and cut to size/shape before it's completely hardened. Then paint multicolored spots on the top piece for the "spectators". Sides and back could be painted or covered with BC. Or if you don't insist on using something edible, you could make the stand, or at least the sides and back of it, out of cardboard.

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 5

You could use a rice paper print for the background.

By the way, we have a lot of creative men on this site too. icon_smile.gif

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 9:49pm
post #4 of 5

well i'm almost done and it looks like poo lol. i did it just like the pic but havn't done the background yet right behind the car. i still dunno what to do. i thought about writing happy birthday there but i dunno. i don't have a lot of time which is why i'm trying as easy and fast as possible.

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 10:10pm
post #5 of 5

If you have no time, then just draw/colour a background and stand it up
behind the cake. They've done stand up backgrounds on the TV cake
shows so it's a gooooooooooo!!! Gentlemen, start your engines!!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%