Need Help Asap With Chocolate Mousse Filling Please!!!

Baking By cup cakes Updated 28 Jul 2010 , 12:01am by MJTKNT

cup cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cup cakes Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 5:22am
post #1 of 3

HI everyone,

Im making a three layer cake for this saturday and 2 of my layers are going to be a chocolate mousse filling that has eggs in them.

my question is - can this mousse filled cake be at room temprature from saturday mid morning untill they serve the cake well in the evening. ( like 8pm ish)????

the only reason im taking it out of the fridge in the morning is cos i have to add the black fondant accents on that bc icing cake. and i was told not to put the cake back in the fridge as the black fondant might bleed on to the butter cream.

Im very troubled nowicon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help or or if there is an alternative that will be great as well.

thanks alotl for ur replyicon_smile.gif
[/b]

2 replies
alisapoly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alisapoly Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 5:30am
post #2 of 3

You should try this mousse recipe. I use for all my cakes now as it is my number one requested filling. It does not need to be refrigerated and works well for a fondant covered cake. I found the recipe here on CC.

COSTCO Mousse recipe
Ingredients
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
1 cup of milk
1 large package of jello vanilla pudding
Mix well on mixer for vanilla mousse filling
Instructions
Mix well on mixer for vanilla mousse filling

For chocolate we use whipped cream (non dairy)
plus chocolate syrop
or
Use chocolate pudding (its easier)
You could also find all kind of flavors on the pudding
as far as I can tell Ive seen:
Pistachio, white chocolate (my favorite)
cookies n cream, pumpkin spice, banana, etc.
For fruit flavors use the same as vanilla but
add the preserves of your preference like
Strawberry, apricot, raspberry, etc.

MJTKNT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJTKNT Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 12:01am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to try this for a white chocolate mousse for wedding cupcakes that will need to be sitting out for about the same amount of time as the OP has said. I am curious why it doesn't need refrigerating though, since it's mostly diary? Sorry I'm no help to you though, OP! GL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%