What Is Your Opinion?...q For Those Who Hold Open Houses.

Business By sweetlayers Updated 22 Jul 2010 , 4:47pm by sweetlayers

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 4:08am
post #1 of 6

When/If you hold an open house or free tasting for brides and the public in general, is it then fair to charge for a separate consultation/tasting that goes towards the balance?

Also, is it too forward to hand out contracts at an event like this?

Finally, is it customary to provide all the flavors on the menu? Or is it safe to simply stick with the mainstays?

Thanks in advance...

5 replies
sweetlayers Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 6

Oh, great! I just love it when I'm ignored. icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 3:33pm
post #3 of 6

Well people do sleep at night and since you posted at 11:08 PM CST there may not have been many people up and online. Guess patience isn't one of your vertues.

Yum2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yum2010 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 6

Sweetlayers, Sorry don't have any advice on this because I don't hold open houses. But, I do have advice about being ignored on this site!!!!!!!! Seems like if you put some kind of dramatic subject line like "Bidezilla" or "Crappy Customer" or anything that indicates an altercation, you get alot more responses around here.....I often get ignored on the "How to" questions as well.......Hmmmm! What's up with that!

sweetlayers Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Well people do sleep at night and since you posted at 11:08 PM CST there may not have been many people up and online. Guess patience isn't one of your vertues.

No worries,

I'll just be a big girl and figure it out. I guess I just miss being spoon fed.

sweetlayers Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 4:47pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yum2010

Sweetlayers, Sorry don't have any advice on this because I don't hold open houses. But, I do have advice about being ignored on this site!!!!!!!! Seems like if you put some kind of dramatic subject line like "Bidezilla" or "Crappy Customer" or anything that indicates an altercation, you get alot more responses around here.....I often get ignored on the "How to" questions as well.......Hmmmm! What's up with that!

Yeah, drama sells. I think it's a sign of the times.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%