I Forgot! I Am An Idiot! (Kinda Long)

Decorating By KakesbyKris Updated 22 Jul 2010 , 4:34am by infinitsky

KakesbyKris Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 3:56am
post #1 of 3

For months my son has been asking/confirming that I would make his birthday cake. Well, Duh! He wants a Wii remote. Great, something to help my skills in shaped cakes! Plus the bonus of it being my own kid and as long as it's edible, 13-year-old boys will eat anything no matter how it looks, and at this age parents just drop them off. No one to really worry about impressing. No pressure, a chance to just practice. Wish they were all like that! thumbs_up.gif No need to put it on the calendar. It's my own kid. I wouldn't forget about that! RIGHT!?!

Next week I have the biggest and most stressful order to date for my MIL. I know, what was I thinking? She is the hardest to please person I know, but that's for another rant.

I have been lost in a sea of gumpaste flowers, learning all I can about SPS, trying to find the best recipe to use, picking out petal dust, having MIL change her mind about the design or what she likes a million times, and going to the gym. I have to be at this shindig too and the impression I would love to make is the one of me a few pounds lighter. icon_wink.gif I digress....

It hits me tonight, even though I am the one that made out all the invitations, been checking the RSVP's, reminding my son to clean his room for his friends that will be here THIS FRIDAY! I need the cake done/his cake done Friday afternoon!

How on Earth could I forget? I need to make a run to the store for mashmellows now! At least I remembered now and not on Friday or worse yet when my son asks why I haven't started on his cake. My family knows when I start different aspects of a cake.

Oy, I am an idiot!

2 replies
cupcake_cutie Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 4:03am
post #2 of 3

Aww, man. Well thank goodness you have a full day to get started.

infinitsky Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 4:34am
post #3 of 3

You need to stay focused. I wish everything goes smooth and comes togrther easily...

Quote by @%username% on %date%