Peanut Butter Cake Recipe

Baking By CutiePiesCakes Updated 23 Jul 2010 , 5:12am by PDXSweetTreats

CutiePiesCakes Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 3:38am
post #1 of 7

I cant find a good peanut butter cake recipe. My customer wants a peanut butter cake with chocolate buttercreme frosting. I have an out of this world frosting recipe I just need the peanut butter cake part... please help??

6 replies
chellescountrycakes Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 3:58am
post #2 of 7

If you will give me until tomorrow I can give you my recipe. PM me to remind me- I'd do it now, but the baby just went to sleep in mylap, and I dont have the guts to move him yet. LOL

It calls for Reeces peanut butter chips, melted. Its very good, and if you double layer your cakes, I'd put the peanut butter frosting in the middle- Then cover in chocolate. It would be a reeces peanut butter cup in cake form! icon_smile.gif

(its actually what I make for my reeces peanut butter cake in my pictures.)

heddahope Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 4:06am
post #3 of 7

I really don't have anything to help, but I would love that recipe if you don't mind. It sounds devine (I guess it could be that Reese's are my favorite candy) TIA

heddahope Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 4:07am
post #4 of 7

I really don't have anything to help, but I would love that recipe if you don't mind. It sounds devine (I guess it could be that Reese's are my favorite candy) TIA

mamawrobin Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 4:57am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePiesCakes

I cant find a good peanut butter cake recipe. My customer wants a peanut butter cake with chocolate buttercreme frosting. I have an out of this world frosting recipe I just need the peanut butter cake part... please help??

I just add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to my favorite yellow/white cake.

PDXSweetTreats Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 5:11am
post #6 of 7

CutiePies,

If you don't mind starting with a box mix, Betty Crocker has a good recipe using their Butter Recipe Yellow cake mix. The recipe's generally at the bottom of that box and called Peanut Butter Silk Cake. I think someone has posted it here on CC under the recipe section. I add 2-3 drops of LorAnn peanut butter flavor oil, and my PB-lovin' DH really loves it! icon_smile.gif HTH.

PDXSweetTreats Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 5:12am
post #7 of 7

CutiePies,

If you don't mind starting with a box mix, Betty Crocker has a good recipe using their Butter Recipe Yellow cake mix. The recipe's generally at the bottom of that box and called Peanut Butter Silk Cake. I think someone has posted it here on CC under the recipe section. I add 2-3 drops of LorAnn peanut butter flavor oil, and my PB-lovin' DH really loves it! icon_smile.gif HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%