What Do You Want In Edible Printing Software

Decorating By icingimages Updated 25 Jun 2016 , 2:35pm by EdibleSupplies

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 12:30am
post #1 of 20

We are working on new versions of our software and want to be sure we covered all basis. What would you like to see in edible printing software? We have many ideas, but dont want to overlook anything!

19 replies
misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 1:11am
post #2 of 20

Be able to print different images in the same page!!!

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 1:24am
post #3 of 20

Being able to change the size, layout, and have multiple images on the same page. Is it too much too want to be able to edit the brightness/contrast, etc in the program too?! lol....probably. But a BIG thing would be able to have different pictures in the size I want them. icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 1:44am
post #4 of 20

Okay..here is my list..HEE!HEE!

-Able to print multiple pictures on cupcake/cookie circles

-Able to change background to blend in with image

-Change picture from larger to smaller and vice versa without distorting the image

-Multiple fonts ..not just a few...

-

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 8:43pm
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

Okay..here is my list..HEE!HEE!

-Able to print multiple pictures on cupcake/cookie circles

-Able to change background to blend in with image

-Change picture from larger to smaller and vice versa without distorting the image

-Multiple fonts ..not just a few...
Ditto!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

-

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 10:13pm
post #6 of 20

I don't understand why you need any software at all. Any software will work --Powerpoint, Word, or any graphics program.

What I'd like is inks that are bright, cover well and don't clog the print head.

Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 10:24pm
post #7 of 20

Well...some of us don't know how to use Powerpoint,word etc and don't want to spend the money on expensive programs which I find cumbersome to use.LOL No cranckiness intended...Kopykake is easy and so is Edible Artist but have limitations to what you can do with it.I do agree that bright inks and no clog problems are #1...

icingimages Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:04pm
post #8 of 20

Hi:
Thanks for all the info. The brightness and contrast can be adjusted inside the printer preferences before you print. I am all over the multiple images. I am working with a printing program now that does that, still figuring things out. But we are in the process of writing a program so I want to be sure that I cover all basis as best I can. On the distortion of images, that all comes down to what you start with. If your picture is small or pixelated to begin with, there is nothing you can do with improving it that much.

As for the inks, we have made leeps and bounds with our Gold Label inks. They far surpass earlier versions of sponged cartridges as far as clogging and as far as colors, I have never seen a more vibrant ink in 11 years. Its not perfect, but it really is so much better than the previous inks. We continually are working to perfect them. We never stop in that area! Our sales have gone up and our tech calls have gone down as more and more poeple make the switch.

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 4:16am
post #9 of 20

I just reordered refill ink, how do I know if it is "gold label" I did not see any distinctions about gold label when I ordered?

Katiebelle74 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 4:17am
post #10 of 20

I just reordered refill ink, how do I know if it is "gold label" I did not see any distinctions about gold label when I ordered?

Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 2:54pm
post #11 of 20

Icing Images has a metallic gold label sticker on each cartridge telling you it's gold label.

Katiebelle74 Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 5:02pm
post #12 of 20

I did not order cartridges I ordered bottles of refill ink. Thanks for the reply though

Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Aug 2010 , 5:24pm
post #13 of 20

It doesn't matter about the ink.. it's the cartridge that is considered the gold label..meaning the new spongless head which doesn't absorb as much ink and therefore less waste.Also allows more printing and less clogging.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 12:27am
post #14 of 20

Actually the refill ink does say gold label if it's available for your printer model.

Katiebelle74 Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 6:42am
post #15 of 20

Oh spiffy, gold label ink is NOT available for my printer. Thanks tiggy2 for clarifying that it depended on the printer model. I did not know that how good or not good of ink you could get depended on your printer model. Weird. If I am refilling my cartridges anyway why not make gold level refill bottles available for whatever model printer? I am missing something.

Katiebelle74 Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 6:44am
post #16 of 20

kiddiekakes those cartridges sound much better mine seem like they waste a LOT of ink. Too bad they are not available for my model printer.

icingimages Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 12:17pm
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebelle74

WE only sell gold label for certain printers. Only the more up to date ones.

icingimages Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 12:19pm
post #18 of 20

Unfortunately we do not recommend mixing inks. Each type of ink is formulated to mix color and flow in the cartridges that they use. You may not get good coloring or the cartridges may not flow correctly when you refill with a different type of ink.

Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 2:06pm
post #19 of 20

What I meant to say is you have to have the gold cartridges first to refill with the proper ink...not that you could mix any ink with and cartridge...Sorry if I confused you...Debbie clarified it though...I have gold cartridges and the replacement inks from Icing Images.

EdibleSupplies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EdibleSupplies Posted 25 Jun 2016 , 2:35pm
post #20 of 20

Hi all.

If anyone is still after a really great and advanced edible printing software please try Icing Artist which is free to use. Designed in Australia, its the first online based design software that can create, print, share and export stunning ready-made templates for printing on edible media.

The software allows users to not only choose from many pre-defined templates in many shapes, but features an advanced template builder that generate precise templates using inputted dimensions.

Other features is an image library with over 1000’s objects, elements and backgrounds to really impress your client or you can simply import your own images easily .

You can also share the design with your client prior to printing using a uniquely generated link that provides a live view of the work in progress!

Check it out and create a free account at www.icingartist.com.au . Have a great day :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%