One More Try For Any Feedback Please! Whip Cream Frosting?

Decorating By lovenintheoven Updated 21 Jul 2010 , 6:58pm by sweettoothmom1

lovenintheoven Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 4

Have an order for a 14" ocean/beach themed cake. They want whip cream filling AND frosting. I use a whip cream aid (that is literally what it is called) I get from my local cake supply place whenever I do any sort of whipped cream. They are picking it up the DAY BEFORE their party. Is this whip cream aid enough? Can I even place GP shells/fish/decorations on it, or will they sink? ANY thoughts at all are helpful!

3 replies
1456 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 4

hi not sure what whipped cream aid is but , I have done cakes with pudding and whipped cream togethor and put fondant on it and it was fine ( no melting) but i would probably wait till last minute to add your gumpaste decorations just to be on the safe side . good luck hope that helps a lilttle melissa

jawalk Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 4

You can also add powdered sugar to your whipping cream as you whip it but it won't hold up in the heat.

sweettoothmom1 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 4

my fondant deco melts into the whipped cream. add tylose and it lasts longer, but an entire day ahead....dunno if that would stay in shape. would they be ok adding it themselves? tell them it must be refrigerated until 30 minutes before serving. thats what i say. it can usually stay out longer, but they usually leave it on the table for a while afterward as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%