Cheesecake Wedding Cake Pricing

Decorating By maendings Updated 27 Jul 2010 , 3:04am by KoryAK

maendings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maendings Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 4

I'm doing a small cheesecake wedding cake in a couple of weeks; 10 inch with a 6 inch topper. It's a white chocolate raspberry swirl with chocolate bottom plus frosted and decorated. I'm not quite sure on the pricing on this. My usual 9 in is $35 so another $8 for the 10 (because of the cost) and the 6 I'm not sure of. I'm going to make a double batch of the batter to use for both so none will be wasted really. I've not frosted and decorated a cheesecake yet for a wedding and I ususally get $3.50 a slice for IMBC or White Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting on a cake. Should I just figure the regular price of the cheesecake plus an additional charge of ? for the frosting and decorating or how would you do it. My brain is fried today from work and doing this. I'd appreciate any suggestions. btw, Gov. Granholm in Michigan passed a cottage industry food law last week enabling people to sell baked goods, pastries, cereals, granolas and such at fairs, farm markets and home up to $15000 a year without a license from the state. yeah!!!!! you have to label and list but that's ok. Anything to help Michigan economy. They finally figured it out.

Colleen

3 replies
karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 4

I'm afraid I can't help you answer your questions, but I just saw this post going on now where you may find some people with answers . . .
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-677594.html

Good luck!

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 1:52am
post #3 of 4

Hello, there!!!

I would say charge the same way you would for a wedding cake. Use the dollar amount per serving and multiply it by the number of servings in the 10" and the 6" pans. I don't have my charts handy right now but you can figure it out.

Paul

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 3:04am
post #4 of 4

I'm w/ the pp. Tiered cake is tiered pricing regardless of the event (for me) so wedding cake pricing it is. Also, my base price is high enough to cover whatever they may throw at me flavor wise. This way I can say you can have whateeeever you want ooOOOOooo but they usually choose basic stuff anyway icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%