Can Fondant Be Refrigerated? Need To Know Asap

Decorating By Creative_Cookies_Cakes Updated 21 Jul 2010 , 4:30am by Creative_Cookies_Cakes

Creative_Cookies_Cakes Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 4:13am
post #1 of 4

I am working on a 5 tier wedding cake for my daughters wedding. We have to take it to the venue the day before. They want to put it in the walk in refrigerator because they shut the air conditioning down at night plus it would be safer than out in the open. I had heard that you should not refrigerate fondant. Would it be ok? Thanks in advance for your advice.

3 replies
PiccoloChellie Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 4:17am
post #2 of 4

Box it up and wrap the box in plastic wrap before it goes in the fridge.
Take it out first thing in the morning and let it come to room temperature *while still wrapped up*. This will allow for any condensation that might form to form on the outside of the box, not on the cake.
Unwrap, make sure no touch up is needed, and enjoy the reception. icon_smile.gif

catlharper Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 4:21am
post #3 of 4

If it has to go into the walk in already set up then you need to let them know that it has to have time to come to room temp before the reception begins...this will allow the condensation to evaporate. If you can put it into the walk in before set up then do what the other poster said...box and wrap the box. One thing to be wary of if you refridgerate set up...if there are decorations of royal icing or secured with royal icing it may weep and you may get bleeding or falling decorations. This is because RI does not do well with water and the condensation will effect it.

Cat

Creative_Cookies_Cakes Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 4:30am
post #4 of 4

Thank You!!! I did not use any RI.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%