Americolor Please Help

Decorating By mom32008 Updated 22 Jul 2010 , 2:46am by mom32008

mom32008 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:55am
post #1 of 4

Hello there fellow cc
I bought and airbrush and some americolor airbrush paints but I seem to have to use alot of paint for only a small space, I'm wondering If I'm doing something wrong, or maybe I should be diluting the paints, Also Is there any way to use the shimmer dusts in the airbrush?

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:07am
post #2 of 4

Well it takes a bit to paint pieces or a cake...not sure wht you mean..Do not dilute the paint it is already ready to use.I would be careful using shimmer dusts in a airbrush as it tends to clog it..You can use Pearl sprays or dilute lustre dust with everclear,vodka or other clear alcohols or extracts but it needs to be mixed very good.

KakesbyK Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 12:56am
post #3 of 4

It does take quite a bit to cover the cakes, especially a darker color. No you shouldnt dilute at all. The shimmer dust would probably clog your machine, but the do sell shimmr sprays. I bought the pearl shimmer from americolor and its great!
I would also play with your gun and see if opening or closing the valves would help with your coverage. If you have the end closed too much, if might not be spraying efficiently.

mom32008 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:46am
post #4 of 4

thanks for the help guys!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%