Something Annoying Me About Cupcake Wars

Lounge By abra526 Updated 23 Jul 2010 , 2:21am by catlharper

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:11am
post #1 of 24

Ok, there's alot of things that annoy me about this show, but I'm currently watching the new episode, and is it just me, or does at least one team forget the baking powder in EVERY episode??? I have come to expect the phrase "they aren't rising! OMG...i forgot the baking powder!" lol...just an observation!

23 replies
cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:16am
post #2 of 24

One guy forgot the pumpkin in his pumpkin cupcakes.

I can't say anything...I forgot eggs once icon_redface.gif

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:16am
post #3 of 24

I can't stand all of the long hair not being tied back.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:18am
post #4 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by awatterson

Me too!!!! icon_mad.gif

au_decorator_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
au_decorator_76 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:19am
post #5 of 24
Quote:

That bothers me with all the cooking shows. These aren't beauty shows...these are cooking shows!

izzy1953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzy1953 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:20am
post #6 of 24

amen sister!!! these people cook and never tie their hair back and it just flies around and it has to have half of their ingredients in it! and they try to make everything so dramatic...........this show really gets on my nerves...............

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:20am
post #7 of 24

I'm not really a big fan of this show. The new Fantastic Cakes which aired last night on TLC after Cake Boss is good. They really show you how they make the cake and decorations.

abra526 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:21am
post #8 of 24

I am totally with you about the hair thing. It seems like in every episode, we have to have a perky little beauty queen. I want someone who looks like they've eaten a cupcake or two! lol

Sucrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sucrea Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:22am
post #9 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellbella

Quote:

Me too!!!! icon_mad.gif

I am so glad others have noticed that! It drives me crazy watching any food show with people having hair hanging down! Yuck!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:25am
post #10 of 24

'What bothered me about this show is that it seemed like only the pretty girls won. Oh, and p.s. two of them had hair extensions!! So it may not even be real hair sticking in that buttercream!!! lol
Im not crazy about this oen or the new one DC Cupcakes. To me they were pretty boring. The personalities are kinda blah compared to Duff and his team and Buddy. I just hope they dont go too overboard with these things. Dont get me wrong, I love watching the shows but Im afraid its going to be overkill on it all and fizzle out like they did with some of the reality shows (game shows for one).

abra526 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:30am
post #11 of 24

If I had to pick between this one and DC cupcakes, I would have to pick this one, but ONLY because this show makes me think of different flavor combinations that I may not have ever thought of before. I'm not sure I'll be trying those salmon cuppies anytime soon, though!

AuntieE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieE Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:40am
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucrea

Quote:

Quote:

Me too!!!! icon_mad.gif

I am so glad others have noticed that! It drives me crazy watching any food show with people having hair hanging down! Yuck!

How about people talking and breathing all over their cakes while they decorate? That just grosses me out on any show, at the local deli, anywhere.

karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:43am
post #13 of 24

LOL! Here's my question about the show: Are they making regular sized cupcakes or mini cupcakes? In some shots the CCs look regular sized, but in other shots they look mini . . .

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:44am
post #14 of 24
Quote:

Quote:

Me too!!!! icon_mad.gif

Me too! PULL THAT HAIR BACK!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:46am
post #15 of 24

I'm usually looking at just a general disregard for all sanitation issues on that show. DC Cupcakes is just a whole 'nuther kind of bad.

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:36am
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy1953

amen sister!!! these people cook and never tie their hair back and it just flies around and it has to have half of their ingredients in it! and they try to make everything so dramatic...........this show really gets on my nerves...............

I feel the same way. It is so annoying! Everything has fake drama written all over it.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:55am
post #17 of 24

The hair thing totally drives me crazy! I just don't understand why it doesn't bother them?

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 9:30am
post #18 of 24

leah, I am with you. I only watched the final 10 minutes of that show the other night. I couldn't believe the lady who let her dog near the cupcakes and then she let the dog jump into the truck. I think that it was the mom of that girl, but still. Who lets a dog that close to their food that they are selling?

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 12:53pm
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by karabeal

LOL! Here's my question about the show: Are they making regular sized cupcakes or mini cupcakes? In some shots the CCs look regular sized, but in other shots they look mini . . .

I have the same question...sometimes they look regular and sometimes they look mini. Whats up with that?! icon_smile.gif

sweeteats0919 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteats0919 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 3:34pm
post #20 of 24

This show annoys me so bad! I mean really 1000 cupcakes in 2 hours with only kitchen aid mixers and 2 ovens not including all the little fondant decorations that they put on top. Plus my fiancé says that there is no way those carpenters could create those displays in two hours with all the work that goes into them. I hate that everything is so fake and they act like its not. Everyone knows that those bakers get the ingredients ahead of time and then try out the recipes in their shops nobody just puts salmon in a cupcake and hopes it tastes good. AHH its so annoying!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 12:34am
post #21 of 24

I've only seen a few clips on the TLC site, but if the one blond chick cranked on the speed control for the Kitchen Aid like it was a rip cord one more time I was gonna find her and slap her. LOL One of the first things I read in the user manual is to move the speed control slowly up through or back down through the speeds. There are those in the world who don't have Kitchen Aids and her's should be donated to one of them.

The hair thing bothers me a lot. I've seen it on tv, in videos, in newspaper pics- everywhere! I know we want to look good but it's a kitchen area, for goodness sake!

powerov5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
powerov5 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 1:34am
post #22 of 24

This is great except for the fact that all these new shows have host's that resemble Ryan Seacrest. Nothing against him but the host for this show just annoys me from his voice to him not knowing a thing about cupcakes. Just my two cents! icon_rolleyes.gif

sugarjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarjones Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 11:07pm
post #23 of 24

I was thinking the same thing with the time constraints! The one where they made butterflies for that children's event: I just had a hard time believing that this woman contacted her assistant and then had her child's drawings made into a display in two hours. No way, I'm not buying it! Also, I thought a lot of their decorations looked amateurish. Obviously they have great tasting cupcakes or they (hopefully) wouldn't be in business. But, to me, cupcakes are little works of art and should look as great as they taste.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:21am
post #24 of 24

Yup, can't watch this show anymore. First of all, the stupid ingredients they have these people put into the "taste test" round is really awful. You don't go into a cupcake shop and say "oooo can you make me a cupcake that has anchovie and green chiles in it?"...yeah, right. Then the unbelievability of the whole final round 2 hours to design, bake and display 1000 cupcakes...yeah, right. Not falling for that. Maybe if you had ten people all baking in 4 layer ovens and the display was already designed, made and ready for display and you had 3 other people just waiting for cupcakes to start displaying...ugh. Yup, can't watch.

Did like Fabulous Cakes tho...especially that they said how much the one cake cost! Fabulous indeed!

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%