They Grow Up Too Fast :(

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 21 Jul 2010 , 10:15pm by krazykreiner

step0nmi Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 10

now, I know I'm not young ( 28 ). But I have a lady asking for a cake for her daughter's 8th birthday. They are doing a pool party and sending out ACTUAL beach balls as their invites! Obviously, this is going to be a cool party!

So, we were trying to go with the theme and then she writes me back "my husband has insisted I order something in an "older" theme" icon_confused.gif

icon_surprised.gif The girl is only 8! How fast do they want her to grow up!? You could tell by the email that the lady's bubble was popped. So, now they want that dumb zebra print cake...which I find unoriginal now! (also because I am doing to the same darn thing for another child the same weekend).

sooo...i am going to try and talk her into a flip flop cake icon_lol.gif I think that would say older but stay with the summer/pool party theme! icon_rolleyes.gif

9 replies
malene541 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 10

I don't know about anyone else but I heard a helicopter reading this! I'm guessing the birthday girl doesn't have much say in her cake. I did a flip flop cake for a 8 year old girl and she loved it!

step0nmi Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 12:03am
post #3 of 10

opps! never mind...I guess the little girl is wanting a "party animal" theme and she has some plates and stuff that she wants...*sigh*

hollyml Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 6:55am
post #4 of 10

The DAD actually WANTED the "older" theme? Now that's weird. Usually the dads are the ones who can't stand their little girls growing up!

Anyway, I really do not see how beach balls and swimming pools are a "young" theme. It's totally appropriate for an 8yo. Kids much younger than that usually aren't very competent swimmers, so they shouldn't be having pool parties anyway. icon_smile.gif

"Party animal" theme with zebra print, hm? Sigh.

Jo-melia Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 7:36am
post #5 of 10

The pool party with a flip flop cake is perfect for and 8 year old!!!
I wonder what they will use as invites now??

My daughter is getting fairy princess cakes until she is 25! I don't want her growing up! icon_lol.gif

Cenell Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 8:24am
post #6 of 10
Originally Posted by Jo-melia

My daughter is getting fairy princess cakes until she is 25! I don't want her growing up! icon_lol.gif

LOL. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

yummy Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 4:41pm
post #7 of 10

People kill me. Why they just can't go with a theme that's apprpriate for their kids age. Pool party theme, beach balls, flip flops, Perfect for an 8 yr. old.

So when she turns 10, 13, 16, 18, 21 what theme/designs does she have to look forward to if she's getting zebra print now. Party animal is a cute theme for an 8 yr. old boy/girl. I just think zebra print is a little too grown for a little girl but it really depends on the cake design.

krazykreiner Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 9:09pm
post #8 of 10

Wow my daughter is 10 today. and we are doing her birthday party this weekend and she wants a twilight theme cake. Kids are growing up so quick they change their minds almost every day! Hopefully you get to do a cool pool party theme cake soon. when my daughter was 6 I did a pool cake and made it look like a pool. It was alot of fun.

step0nmi Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 9:42pm
post #9 of 10

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way! At first I thought it was weird that the dad was over her shoulder...but then when she wrote me back it was the daughter. maybe dad spoke up for the daughter? icon_confused.gif

Now Twilight for a 10 year old! icon_cry.gif I can see for 13!

Now I think the new thing is changing those zebra cakes from Hannah Montana to Justin Bieber *bleck* all you gotta do it change the color of the frosting icon_rolleyes.gif

krazykreiner Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 10:15pm
post #10 of 10

yes I agree I was so surprised when she said she wanted the cake. But think it will be fun!.. She is so funny she is not team edward or Jacob she is team alice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%