Delivery Of Cake?

Business By kdthatsme Updated 22 Jul 2010 , 7:38pm by samarinbooboo

kdthatsme Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 13

Do you guys offer a delivery service with your business? If so, how do you handle it? I currently offer delivery services with a few, but the stress of delivery I think is just not worth it. Opinions???

12 replies
indydebi Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 13

I delivered wedding cakes. All of them. I never delivered sheet or single tier cakes. Ever.

Kitagrl Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 12:05am
post #3 of 13

Pickups are default with me....delivery is charged accordingly...or local delivery free with larger orders (usually over $400).

Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 12:08am
post #4 of 13

I only deliver tiered cakes (wedding or not) and large sculpted cakes. I actually prefer to deliver those and my price for these include delivery. For all other cakes, they will need to be picked up.

catlharper Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 3:08am
post #5 of 13

I have a 25 mile radius free delivery policy and then charge for every mile over that. I usually deliver all of my cakes just 'cause no one wants to deal with the stress but I require all tiered cakes be delivered...no option at all for them to pick them up.

Cat

kdthatsme Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:08am
post #6 of 13

Thanks everyone. Delivering them makes me a nervous wreck. I guess I need to just start having more faith in my creations.

mamawrobin Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 5:25am
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdthatsme

Thanks everyone. Delivering them makes me a nervous wreck. I guess I need to just start having more faith in my creations.

NOT delivering them would make ME a nervous wreck icon_lol.gif

online_annie Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 10:55am
post #8 of 13

I deliver all cakes. period. I live in a rural area, so this is not a problem for me. I am confident and comfortable with the rural roads. However, this gives me piece of mind...(once it's delivered)....that the cake arrives in one piece and is displayed and presented well. It helps I'm the only one in my area that includes delivery. It's also one less thing the buyer has to worry about.

malene541 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 5:02pm
post #9 of 13

I live in a small area and have never had a problem delivering my cakes. I've also seen enough pictures and posts on CC about other people picking up cakes and such that I don't like the idea of NOT delivering it myself!

samarinbooboo Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 6:45pm
post #10 of 13

If they choose to pick up the cake what is a good wording on a contract that you won't be responsible after they agree that the cake met their specifications??

indydebi Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 6:50pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by samarinbooboo

If they choose to pick up the cake what is a good wording on a contract that you won't be responsible after they agree that the cake met their specifications??

Doug has some wording in this thread:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-630887-contract.html

LuluSweetArt Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 7:15pm
post #12 of 13

I deliver ALL my cakes. It makes me a nervous wreck to drive in So-Cal traffic with a tiered cake...but hey....at least I know how to drive with a cake in my car. I can not imagine just handing a cake over...just the thought makes me nauseous.

samarinbooboo Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 7:38pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarinbooboo

Doug has some wording in this thread:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-630887-contract.html

Thank you for that. I appreciate it. icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%