Last Minute Princess Cake...need Image To Use For Fbct &

Decorating By EastTnMomof8 Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 10:30pm by sherrywarf

EastTnMomof8 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 8

Ok, so my family is soooo last minute. I am by no means a professional cake artist, but I do make cakes for my kids (all 7 of them) birthdays & for family when they ask. I am a stay-at-home mom (kids are 10, 6, 4, 3, 3, 3, & 1) and a full-time college student (all online for now!) and my brother-in-law has asked me to make a cake for his daugther's 5th birthday party for TOMORROW! The only helpful information he can provide is that she likes chocolate cake & princesses. Her parties are always big so I was thinking of doing a princess cake (with the doll in the middle) and a sheet cake with a FBCT. I need tips on baking in a bowl though, because I have never done this. (I have Anchor Hocking Mixing Bowls). I also am having a hard time finding a good printable image of a 'generic' princess. He said not a Disney princess, although thinking back I don't know if that was just to try to make it easier on me..or because she doesn't like Disney princesses. The mom is my EX SIL, so not much help. I'm flying on a wing and prayer right now & have spent hours on the laptop looking for images to use instead of doing my school work..AGHHHHH!!! I'm hoping someone has an image they have used they can ost or email to me at [email protected] Thanks for reading this!!!!!

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 8

Man...You must be super Mom with 7 kids and 3 being Triplets....When do you find time!No help for your question but Welcome to CC!!

EastTnMomof8 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks Kiddiekakes. Definitely not Supermom...More appropriate label today would be INSANE! lol...Thank you for the welcome. I have been a lurker on the boards for a while...Love looking at the photos and getting new recipes! I would love to take some cake decorating classes, but I honestly do not have the time. I also have the old Wilton Barbie pan and thought about using that, but I HATE making her face! I could probably do an edible image of my nieces face instead...hmmm..its an idea.

Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 8

I would say do an edible image..Fast and easy.I have a few cute Barbie and Disney Princess cakes on my site that are edible images..I think I posted them here in my photos...

go to my profile and search my photos...there in there..Really cute!!and Easy!

cutthecake Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 8

If you need a generic princess (from the kingdom of mediocrity), can't you start with a Disney princess, then alter her appearance? Change the color and details on her gown and crown; and change her hairstyle and face and accessories a bit. The Disney princesses' gown colors and their hairstyles define them, so change them.

jenng1482 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 8:59pm
post #6 of 8

Look at my pics for the barbie cake i just did last weekend. I used a small but fairly narrow bowl, a 6" round, and an 8" round for the skirt. this way i did run the risk of the bowl cake not being done in the middle before the edges were burnt. It was the perfect height for the barbie (i wrapped her wiast down in syran wrap).

My favorite search engine for pics is google. They have much better refining searchc parameters. Search princess, Images at the top, then line drawing or clip art.

HTH

Jen

hollyml Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 9:01pm
post #7 of 8

For the doll cake: Any chance you can go out to Michael's or JoAnn and buy the Wilton Wonder Mold kit? Much easier to get good results than using a mixing bowl, and the kit comes with instructions and decorating examples.

For the FBCT: Google Images. "Princess coloring page." You will get plenty of "generic" results that you can use as a transfer design.

Alternative fast-and-easy idea: Chocolate sheet cake with a plastic tiara on top. icon_wink.gif

sherrywarf Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 10:30pm
post #8 of 8

The way that I do my doll cakes is to bake a 6", 8", and either 1- 9" or 2 (depending on how tall the doll is). I then stack them and carve them into my desired shape. This way I do not have to worry about it not being done in the middle, and you can adjust to the height of your doll. Also, you can get a pretty generic princess doll at any dollar or discount store. An idea for the sheet cake, could be to just add "princess-y" items (such as a crown/tiara, sceptor, jewelry, etc.) to the top arranged nicely and a lot of buttercream flowers. This would be so much less time consuming and stressful for you. Hope this helps! Good Luck and Happy Caking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%