Scrollwork/filigree Patterns

Decorating By MomofThree Updated 23 Feb 2005 , 8:51pm by MomofThree

MomofThree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomofThree Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone!

I am new to the site, been reviewing gallery pictures and forum posts for a couple of weeks now. Love the Marshmallow Fondant recipe!

I love to bake and I decorate cakes for personal pleasure. My younger sister is getting married in June and asked me to do her wedding cake. I was completely undone when she first asked me, but now I feel alot more confident - just knowing she has faith in me makes a big difference. Anyways, I have been dabbling in different decorating techniques trying to learn as much as I can on my own and using article and books. There are alot of birthdays in my family so I have had alot of practice! Sorry, I know I am running on.

I really like that technique of doing scrolllwork or filigree ahead of time using the royal icing and then mounting it on the cake, does anyone know any good sources for design patterns? icon_smile.gif

2 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 3

The back of wilton books will have patterns to follow. Another good place to look (as weird as it might sound) is in woodworking books that have scrollwork images in them. You could placed saran wrap or parchment paper over the design and trace over it with icing. Another thing you can do is to laminate the page that has some designs on it and that way you can have something sturdy that you can use over and over again. You can also get images off of the internet if you do a google search.

MomofThree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomofThree Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 3

Those are great ideas! I have seen the patterns in the Wilton books, but I didn't know what other sources I could use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%