Do You Give A Complimentary 6" Wedding Anniversary Cake

Decorating By tarheelgirl Updated 21 Jul 2010 , 1:11am by tarheelgirl

tarheelgirl Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 9

I give my couples a complimentary 6" to either serve at the wedding or I bake them a fresh one on their anniversary. I had a girl that was married last May write a comment on my face book wall.. You never gave me my anniversary cake that was promised! Ummm... her anniversary is LONG over. I've heard she has moved since also.

How long do you give your couples to contact you? Or do you contact them a couple weeks before their anniversary?

I think she is just wanting a free cake after the fact!

8 replies
EmilysCakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 9

Did you give her a coupon? I would give couples a coupon to use-then they have to contact you. It should't be your responsiblity to contact them to get their cake. I would also give put an expiration date on the coupon to keep people from getting a free cake way after their anniversary.

Iggy Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 9

I give them a cake for their 1st anniversary. They are thrilled when I tell them that I include the top tier as serving pieces. I tell them to call me a couple of weeks ahead of time for a 6" cake. If they don't, they don't. Period, no cake. If they call after their anniversary, then it's made at my convenience. HTH

leah_s Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 9

I give them a gift cert WITH an expiration date.

Price Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 7:05pm
post #5 of 9

Yes, to my neice and my nephew. They are the only 2 wedding cakes I've done and they were complimentary too! LOL icon_lol.gif

Iggy Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 7:41pm
post #6 of 9

Oh....I forgot about the GC. Yep.

tarheelgirl Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 10:22pm
post #7 of 9

Great! Glad to know you guys do it the same way! I gave her a certificate/coupon for her fresh 6". Told her to contact me a couple weeks before time. I just had a friend call me.. she saw on my Facebook page where this girl made a comment. She said she spent $XXX.XX and although the cake was pretty it did not taste good! Ummm, after a year and 4 months why bring it up? Ughh, stupid people! Quite honestly I don't think she is even married anymore! She was probably thinking she could get a free cake and when I didn't comply she tried to make a crappy response on my page. FYI it was a 3 tier hot pink fondant covered with zebra stripes. Yeah, this chick was odd!

all4cake Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 11:49pm
post #8 of 9

"you never gave me my anniversary cake that was promised."

Were you supposed to show up at her door on their anniversary? How irritating!

tarheelgirl Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:11am
post #9 of 9

Unfortunately, I've encountered my share of ignorance and stupidity just this week to last me for awhile!

Quote by @%username% on %date%