Blogger

Lounge By sweeteecakes Updated 21 Jul 2010 , 8:00pm by sweeteecakes

sweeteecakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:01pm
post #1 of 6

Looking for blogger source suggestions. With my sisters help, I will be creating one soon but want to make sure that I can do what I want to do with it. Any suggestions?

5 replies
leah_s Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 6

Well, blogger itself is good, as is Wordpress.

costumeczar Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 6

What do you want to do with it? If you use the free version of wordpress you can't use third-party scripts on it, so no ads or anything like that. You can use the paid version of wordpress for advertising but you have to use an outside host server (some website hosts already have the ability to host it there built in.) If you use blogger you can use google adwords or amazon affiliates really easily, but the stats about visitors isn't reflected back to your website, so it doesn't increase your rankings for your website itself.

sweeteecakes Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for responding! I guess I did not realize "blogger" was a blog site.

I don't want to sell on it but I do want to post my creations and blog about them and maybe do give a ways. Some what what Bakerella and others do on theirs.

Thanks again for your responses!

costumeczar Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 7:58pm
post #5 of 6

It looks like www.blogger.com is all you'd need, if that's what you're looking to do. It's pretty easy to use, and they just added a template customization feature so that you can do more individualized designs than you used to be able to.

sweeteecakes Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 8:00pm
post #6 of 6

Awesome! I was concerned about customization! Thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%