Pastry Tips

Baking By Redsoxbaker Updated 23 Jul 2010 , 2:56pm by Redsoxbaker

Redsoxbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redsoxbaker Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know where you can buy those huge pastry tips that all the shows use to frost cupcakes? I've looked all over the internet and can't find any that large! icon_cry.gif

8 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:00am
post #2 of 9

I buy mine from www.goldaskitchen.com in Mississauga, Ontario

Here's a link to the ones I use most often for my basic swirls, the Ateco
brand #826 star-tip and the closed-star-tip:

http://www.goldaskitchen.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=1086&step=4
http://www.goldaskitchen.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=1055&step=4

You can do a search on their site for "pastry tubes" and those should be the larger-sized ones. Only $1.60 apiece!

thumbs_up.gif

Redsoxbaker Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 8:37am
post #3 of 9

antonia74,
Thank you so much for your help. Are those bigger than the Wilton 1M & 2D? They are the largest ones I can find and the ones I see the bakers using on the shows seem to be much wider than those ! I really want to find the one with the extra large hole. Wilton doesn't seem to carry anything that large. I am definitely going to go and look at that website. Thank you again icon_biggrin.gif

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 9

Yes, these are twice as wide/large as the Wilton 1M. I'll see if I can take a photo of them side-by-side for you.

Redsoxbaker Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 9

Thank you soooo much. You are so kind ! icon_smile.gif

TucsonGina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TucsonGina Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 10:15pm
post #6 of 9

I get most of my supplies at ABC Cake Decorating supply in Phoenix (cakearts.com) and the manager said if I ever need anything and I can't make a trip there (hour and a half drive), to just give them a call and they ship UPS. I was in awe of all the tips they had (I don't think they are all listed on their website). . . they may have what you are looking for icon_biggrin.gif

Redsoxbaker Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 1:37am
post #7 of 9

TucsonGina,
Thanks for the website. I checked it but didn't see any. I might email them if I can't find one. I did find the Wilton 6B but it's still not wide enough. I was thinking of stopping into one of the bakeries around here and ask if I could buy one from them if I can't find one icon_rolleyes.gif

TucsonGina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TucsonGina Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 11:41pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxbaker

TucsonGina,
Thanks for the website. I checked it but didn't see any. I might email them if I can't find one. I did find the Wilton 6B but it's still not wide enough. I was thinking of stopping into one of the bakeries around here and ask if I could buy one from them if I can't find one icon_rolleyes.gif

I don't believe they have everything on their website that is in the store. It is huge. I would just give them a call. They are Grreatt icon_lol.gif

Redsoxbaker Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:56pm
post #9 of 9

TucsonGina,
I will do that if I don't have any luck. Thank you again for all your effort in helping me out icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%