how do i make a bombe cake?
i wanted to make it for my sister's birthday.
cake flavor is chocolate and inside is either chocolate mousse or any flavored ice cream..tnx
!. choose the container (bombe or plain ole bowl.
2. Line bowl with plastic wrap
3. cut cake into strips or wedges to line the pan/bowl, leaving the center open.
4. Fill center with whatever you want - mousse, ice cream, sherbet,
5. place a cut round on top. It's important that this be as large as the bowl (to the edge). I try to actually get the round into the bowl, so your previous lining would have needed to leave space for it. This becomes the base of the bombe.
6. Wrap in plastic film and chill to firm everything up.
7. Take of of fridge, unwrap and take out of bowl. The plastic film should make it easy to get out of the bowl.
8. Frost or pour ganache over.
10. Send me some.
Do you know how cute these things are with white cake and pink sorbet with a few chocolate chips studded in and iced in green frosting? It looks like watermelon when cut.
thank you so much.. il follow ur procedure..
i hope it'll turn out as a success..
i would love to send some for you..thanks again
hi, leah.. tnx for the tip.. the bombe cake was a success.. my sister loved it..
sorry the cake was all gone I can't send u some =(
il upload a picture of the cake so you can see..again, thank you so much..