No Oven Available... Traveling From Va To Fl?

Decorating By rlc23 Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 6:42pm by chattycakes

rlc23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlc23 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 5

One of my best friends is getting married in FL in a few weeks, and I will be making her cake. I live in VA, but will be going to Fl a week before the wedding (wedding is 8/7, I will leave VA 7/31). Originally, her future MIL had said I could use the oven at her house to bake, but has since backed out of that arrangement. Now... I'm stuck. I have frozen cakes before, but I don't know how baking and freezing a cake and then traveling 2 days with those cakes and no way to keep them frozen, then re-freezing would work. It doesn't seem as though that would result in a very good quality of cake. So... any suggestions? I'm going to email the MIL again this afternoon to see if maybe she will change her mind, since it is her son's wedding cake she's messing with, but if not, I have NO IDEA what to do!

4 replies
klangl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klangl Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 5

try contacting a local church to see if you can use their kitchen, Most might be willing especially if you can give some type of donation, maybe a cake or money!

chattycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chattycakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 5

Where at in Florida?

rlc23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlc23 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:18pm
post #4 of 5

Destin... I'll be staying in Pensacola until a few days before the wedding. Thanks for the advice on using a church! Good idea!

chattycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chattycakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 5

I just PM's you! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%