Help! Silver Shimmer Ribbons(Edible Image)From Globalsugart

Decorating By mamaof3cutiez Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 8:03pm by mamaof3cutiez

mamaof3cutiez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamaof3cutiez Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 3

Hi! I purchased the silver shimmer ribbon (edible image) from Globalsugarart.com but it only came with instructions for normal edible image placement. I need to make a bow using these ribbons, which it said you can do in the product description online. I am wondering what to use as "glue" to make the bow and connect the loops. I don't want the ribbons to melt. I need to make this ahead of time since I have 5 cakes due on the same day. Please help! Thanks!

2 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 3

You can apply them to freshly rolled out fondant, gum paste, or 50/50.

Sometimes, if the paste is a little sticky, you can put the image right on the back of the paste and get a good result. If you're unsure, wipe the paste with a barely damp paper towel and apply it. Cut strips and form your ribbon loops. Allow to dry.

To construct the bow, the sturdiest medium I find is melted white chocolate. You could then go in with some silver luster dust and cover any bits of visible chocolate.

You can also use piping gel, but it's not very sturdy. A thick gum glue also works, but you need to let it dry for at least a day--or more-- for the bow to hold together.

Rae[/b]

mamaof3cutiez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamaof3cutiez Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 3

thank you for your helpful suggestions Rae! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%