Question About Wasc

Baking By SugarBair Updated 21 Jul 2010 , 5:08am by SugarBair

SugarBair Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 7

Good Morning! I made some WASC batter this morning (for the first time) and it turned out REALLY thick, almost cookie thick. I was wondering if this is normal? I looked for this question on the forum seach before I asked, and couldn't find it. Sorry if I missed it and am being repetitive! Also, I live a little above 7,000 feet, and I have to add about 1/4 a cup of flour to all my batters, for them to level out. Thanks in advance for any help! thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
Cakepro Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 7

No, your batter should definitely not be as thick as cookie dough. Try again! icon_smile.gif

KatsSuiteCakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 7

I also live at high altitude, and have never added extra flour to the wasc recipe. Hope things go well!

cupcakemkr Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 7

can you tell us the exact recipe and measurements you used? Sounds like you left out some of the liquid.

kakeladi Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:48pm
post #5 of 7

There are several versions of WASC cakes. Please tell us *exactly* which one you used.
You have to have forgotten somethingicon_smile.gif Either the liquid or sour cream; or even maybe the eggs?

mamawrobin Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:22pm
post #6 of 7

I agree with the pp's on leaving something out. Also want to say that I prefer kakeladi's original WASC recipe over the others that I've tried. It wasn't too moist or "wet" like some of the others.

SugarBair Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 5:08am
post #7 of 7

You all are absolutely right!!! Duh.... I left out the water!! Eeekk! Rookie mistake! Ha ha! But..... I did add it, at the end and it turned out really well!! This was my first post and you all have been so sweet, to help me out, even though I should've double checked the recipe first! Thanks everyone!!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%