Topsy Turvy Cake

Decorating By lamosca2002 Updated 24 Jul 2010 , 2:08am by lamosca2002

lamosca2002 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 10

I found on the internet a different way to make a tiered cake look like a topsy turvy, does someone know what is and where do I find one of those black thing between each cake, making the cake look like a topsy turvy.

The person who does that decorates it so well you can't even see it!!


9 replies
KHalstead Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 10

this is called "the wedge method" I believe........I'd love to see some step by step instructions as well!

I've only ever done the method of carving the cakes and cutting a hole in each tier (messy!)

Karen421 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 10

Try this, I think it is what you are looking for.

KHalstead Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 10
Yane Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:06pm
post #5 of 10

Wow that cake is awsome!

KHalstead Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:18pm
post #6 of 10

that cake IS amazing, I would love to try one of these ones........seems like it would be so much LESS work not having to carve the actual cakes, I love the way it looks too!

greengyrl26 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:28pm
post #7 of 10

That's a pink cake box cake, she's amazing!

cutthecake Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:51pm
post #8 of 10

Here's another explanation:

And I just realized that's Sugarshack's tutorial!

Karen421 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:41pm
post #9 of 10

That was a good one,thumbs_up.gif but of course it would be it Sharon's!!

lamosca2002 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:08am
post #10 of 10

thanks for your help guys!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%