Wedding Cake To Feed 300 And Need Help On Decoration Used

Decorating By maliss Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 3:55pm by maliss

maliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maliss Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 8

I have a request to make a wedding cake like the picture I have attached. They will need it to serve 300 guests. According to the guide I have that would be a 6 tiered cake (16",14",12",10",8",6"). Just wondering if this sounded correct.
Also, they like the design shown on this cake. Just wanted to see if anyone could help me with how they achieved this look. It looks to me like a fondant cake covered with pieces they molded. Any suggestions or ideas?
Thanks for your help!
LL

7 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 8

That looks like fondant made with a lace mold. Global Sugar Art carries them.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:13pm
post #3 of 8

sizes are correct, but that picture is too small to see any detail. Even when I copy and enlarge it gets to pixel-y. I'm guessing , though, it looks a lot like flowers made from a German cutter and veiner set that's sold a lot of places.

BRB.

deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:13pm
post #4 of 8

could be buttercream with brush embroidery?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 8

Hmmm . . . well I only found the set on the blocked site.

http://www.s u g a r c r a f t .com/catalog/gumpaste/gumpaste.htm

It's the one on the right under the heading "Basic Flower Sets." $59.99. I really don't think I paid that much, but I might have gone crazy for a few minutes. Anyway, I do use that set a lot!

I couldn't find it on Country Kitchens or GSA.

maliss Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:46pm
post #6 of 8

sizes are correct, but that picture is too small to see any detail. Even when I copy and enlarge it gets to pixel-y. I'm guessing , though, it looks a lot like flowers made from a German cutter and veiner set that's sold a lot of places.

BRB.

I see what you mean about trying to zoom in on it. It is very hard to see the detail in this picture. I will try to enlarge and repost if possible. Sorry about that icon_sad.gif

maliss Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:54pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you leah_s. I found the set you are talking about. So it is fondant/gumpaste cutters, not molds. This helps a lot. Kind of pricey. May check around a little to see if I can find them for less.

maliss Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:55pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks everyone for your help! I always appreciate the quick responses I get from all of you.
HAPPY DECORATING!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%