Wooden Dowels In A Cake

Decorating By uniquecreations Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 3:12pm by uniquecreations

uniquecreations Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 12:45pm
post #1 of 5

I made a cake for a Pastor's Anniversary for sunday. I attended the event as well and was asked to cut the cake. The cake traveled fine about a 30 min. drive but when I cut the cake. where the center dowel was the cake was crumbled, the rest of the cake was fine and there were only spots where the cake did this. Was it the center dowel rod and maybe in travel the cake shifted some or what? I have another cake to do for another Pastor and this cake will have to travel 1 hour and 30 min. So I would like to know if I need to change my support system I do not want to get there and the cake collpase. Also I used bubble tea straws as well but the straws were fine it was just where I put that center dowel

4 replies
leah_s Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 1:35pm
post #2 of 5

SPS. Have you checked into it?

uniquecreations Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 1:47pm
post #3 of 5

I do have it at home but I was saving it for 3 tier cakes but I guess I need it for the 2 tier as well.

leah_s Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 5

I use SPS every cake, every time. Just got in a shipment of plates and legs. TON o' stuff!

uniquecreations Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:12pm
post #5 of 5

thanks Leah I will do that from now on it will give me piece of mind knowing that someone isn't going to slice my cake a find it crumbled in the middle. Thanks so much for your help!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%