Help!!! Settings For Canon Pixma Mp560 Edible Image Printer

Decorating By cookieelf Updated 27 Jul 2010 , 1:03pm by icingimages

cookieelf Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 11:57am
post #1 of 9

I recently purchased a Canon Pixma MP560 printer from and the edible ink cartridges and frosting sheets from All were purchased brand new and installed correctly. However, I tried to print an image last night (it had been 2 weeks since I printed one) and the image would not print correctly. I had adequate amounts of ink in all 5 cartridges, I even took them out and "rocked" them back and forth to stir up any air bubbles. I am not 100% sure what to put my printing settings on but after 3 attempts and thinking that I got it right, the 4th one printed very dull and the red of Elmo was the same color as the green background...
Please help me figure out how to correct this problem. The first image I printed was a photo and it turned out reddish looking.

(I don't have my digital camera with me here today or I could show you how both looked after printed)

Thank you very much,

P.S. I did fix the Elmo image by taking a food safe brush and red Wilton icing gel and painting his fur the correct color. Very cool effect and it did not cause the frosting sheet to melt or start to break down.

8 replies
cookieelf Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 9

Anyone know what the printing settings should be as far as paper type and print quality?

Cakepro Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 9

It sounds like to me that one of your cartridges is clogged. Try executing several cleaning cycles and then do a test print on regular paper. I ended up switching from KopyKake cartridges to the Icing Images cartridges because the KK ones constantly clogged. And I do mean constantly.

cookieelf Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 9

Thank You so much Cakepro! Yes, I have nothing but trouble since I installed them. KK was the only name I knew of when I started purchasing items and unfortunately I didn't do my research. I will def. give them a try! Thank you again for you help, I really appreciate it.

Rosie2 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:33pm
post #5 of 9

I feel your frustration...I had trouble when I first used mine, but I called Kopykake and they were soooo hepful. Call them I'm sure they'll know what the problem is 800-999-5253. Good luck!

icingimages Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 12:08am
post #6 of 9

I can not speak for KK ink, but Icing Images settings, you want to put the paper setting on Matte and print on standard printing. Print a nozzle check (printer properties, maintenance section) I can tell you that you can pull the printhead out and rinse it in Hot water. Dry it very well and try your nozzle check to see if it improved for you. If you need more help, give us a call and we can try and help you through.

bethreed Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 8:08pm
post #7 of 9

I can't speak for KK ink, but I do have a MP560. My print settings are vivid photo (checkbox), paper style is matte photo paper, standard or high quality setting, 8x10 or 8.5x11 paper (it will default to 4x6). I will also sometimes check color enhance too, but haven't noticed much of a difference with it checked or unchecked. Sometimes my black will get muddled into the other colors, and then I just run a cleaning and it helps. GL!

gingerbreadtogo Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 8:23pm
post #8 of 9

I had horrible problems with my ink after not using my printer for a few weeks. After many cleanings, alot of ink, it finally started working again. Now I make sure I print something at least once a week to keep ink flowing. No problems since. Good Luck

icingimages Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 1:03pm
post #9 of 9

You want to run a nozzle check to be sure all your colors are printing properly. For our brand of ink, we set it to Matte or Photo and keep everything else the at its default. Are you using yours with a computer?

Beth, try these settings, I beleive you are using our inks. You may be using more ink then you really need. PM me with your results, I am curious to hear about the differences.

Quote by @%username% on %date%