Need Ideas For A Welcome Cake At Work!!

Decorating By nthorpe Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 4:12pm by EllieA

nthorpe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nthorpe Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:13am
post #1 of 5

Hi y'all. I was asked to make a cake to welcome our new hires in our department at work. I work in a web based medical billing office. I wanted to know from other people what a good idea for this might be? I've tried to search 'office' in the gallery section but didn't get much that would be good to go by.
Some things we work with everyday is staples/staple removers, paper clips, pens..the normal stuff in an office. I just don't know how I would go about making these things.
I'm new to cake decorating so I don't have a lot of the supplies and knowledge yet! lol
Thanks for your help!!

4 replies
DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:00am
post #2 of 5

Maybe try doing a 13X9 two layer briefcase cake with staples and staplers and gumpaste pens around the board.. ? You could make the cake in buttercream, the board covered in fondant, and then the rest is just made handmade with gumpaste?

You could even do the staples by piping them in grey icing, and a white fondant bill coming out of the briefcase saying "welcome ....!"

Please post a pic when your done!

AuntieV2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieV2010 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:42am
post #3 of 5

This is not office related but you could do a maze with "Welcome to the Rat Race"

EllieA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EllieA Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:12pm
post #4 of 5

Little figurines in chains carrying a big pencil? The title: Glad to share the load!

Little frogs with suits (or just a bowtie) around a computer showing a dragonfly on the screen, with long tongues stuck to the screen. The title: Your brains are welcomed here!

3 aliens (easy to do - big head, naked, long skinny limbs), telling an Earthling - we need slaves to do our work!

icon_biggrin.gif

EllieA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EllieA Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 5

Little figurines in chains carrying a big pencil? The title: Glad to share the load!

Little frogs with suits (or just a bowtie) around a computer showing a dragonfly on the screen, with long tongues stuck to the screen. The title: Your brains are welcomed here!

3 aliens (easy to do - big head, naked, long skinny limbs), telling an Earthling - we need slaves to do our work!

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%