Help!need Help/ideas For A Graduation Cake For Next Saturday

Decorating By tiffd1129 Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 11:59am by eXtremecakes

tiffd1129 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:00am
post #1 of 4

My cousin graduated from high school this year and his grad party is next weekend. I have been asked to make the cake. My aunt requested white cake with peanut butter frosting and the logo to the college that he is going to attend somewhere on the cake. I attached the logo. First off, I have no idea how I am going to re-create this logo. I am somewhat new to fondant and was wanting to use that over the peanut butter frosting. Then aside from the cake, I was wanting to make something chocolate for those that are not white cake/pb fans..First idea was brownies. I bought cellophane bags and ribbon and a circle cutter to make even cuts. My concern with this is that the frosting from the brownies will stick to the bags and create a mess. Any ideas?

Cake and brownies combine is for approx. 100 people. I plan to use the WASC recipe for the white cake. Still up in the air on brownie/brownie frosting recipes.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
LL

3 replies
yummy Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:50am
post #2 of 4

You can place fondant cut out of the round cutter you used for the brownies. Either pre cut the fondant circles and place on top of the brownies as soon as they come out of the oven and press down on the sides and top to seal, let cool. You can also apply the fondant with piping gel on the backs of the fondant.

The easiest way to do the logo is an edible image; you can also do a fbct or color flow.

You can trace the logo onto fondant or gumpaste and make a plaque.

DeezTreatz Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:12am
post #3 of 4

for the logo, if you print it off backwards, and get piping gel - and stencil it out with the gel on parchement paper - then stick it to the cake you will have your outline! You can do a star tip or maybe another? I use the star tip when I stencil, I have very shaky hands.. so I try to stay away from writing on cakes! icon_razz.gif

eXtremecakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 11:59am
post #4 of 4

I would make the white cake as planned andinstead of brownies I woud go with a very rich chocolate cake like icon_surprised.gifne box choc cake mix, one cup sour cream, 1/2 cup warm water, one cup oil, 3 eggs, and 1/2 bag mini choc chips. Make this in a round cake. Blow the logo up as big as you can but is still smaller than the round choc cake and using wash paper placed over the computer screen or print the image trace the outlines of logo. Put choc cake in freezer until firm and then lay outline over cake and cut cake into shape of logo. You can eithr ice this in the color of logo or ice and then cover with fondant in that color and add details of logo in either icing or fondant. If you look at my pictures under extremecakes there are three grad cake ideas if you need instructions on how to make them just email me and I will send you better instructions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%